No sound in the game after today's update (2020-06-11)

by Jartyk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound in the game after today's update (2020-06-11)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Has no sound in the game after today's update to the new event. I'm playing on a Samsung Tab A 2019 model, and it's Android v9 on it, but I've also tried playing on my Motorola phone, Android v9 it too, and the same problem there, no sound.

Checked on EA's forum, and there are several there that have the same problem.

edit 2020-07-25

The game was updated for the new event, but the sound problem remains, you hear some sounds for a few seconds when the game starts, but then it becomes completely silent.

edit 2020-08-12

The game got a new update today, for the next event, and now the sound works.
So that problem is solved for now, finally, for me anyway ..

Message 1 of 59 (2,757 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out NO SOUND!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as solution for visibility purposes

Hi folks, 

Thank you for flagging the audio issues you're getting following the patch. We're looking into this and are hoping to gather some more information to help with the investigations. Could you reply and include specifics of the device you're on and the OS version please? It'd be great if you can also outline what troubleshooting steps you've completed to date in the same reply.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 37 of 59 (2,792 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Simpsons tapped out

★★★ Newbie

I don't have sound anymore after the last update. Can you help me please, its one of my favorites

Message 2 of 59 (2,694 Views)

Re: No sound in the game after today's update (2020-06-11)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here! What's strange too is when I play a new game like not logged into my EA account, I hear sound. Has anyone figured this out yet?? My phone is a Samsung J7 Refine. Android 9. 

Message 3 of 59 (2,727 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I also have no sound on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-T350.  I have sound until my town loads.  Just as it loads there's a fire crackling sound (which has been there since I came back in April) then the sound drops out.

I tried swapping with the town I play on my iPad MIni and the Samsung town has sound there, but the iPad town loses sound when played on the Samsung.

Message 4 of 59 (2,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Forgot to mention, but yes^^^ when I enter my town you hear the fire crackling sound and then it goes away and you don't  hear anything else. No music or sound effects or voices. Since April?! How is this affecting people now and those from that long ago? 

Message 5 of 59 (2,704 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HelloKittyPowa wrote:

Forgot to mention, but yes^^^ when I enter my town you hear the fire crackling sound and then it goes away and you don't  hear anything else. No music or sound effects or voices. Since April?! How is this affecting people now and those from that long ago? 

I've had the crackling sound since April.  The no sound issue just started with the update.

Message 6 of 59 (2,695 Views)

No Sound No Music

★★★ Newbie

Last Update took the sound and music away

Message 7 of 59 (2,708 Views)

Re: No Sound No Music

★★★★ Novice

It's happening to others as well currently since the update. 

Message 8 of 59 (2,701 Views)

Re: Simpson’s tapped out no sounds

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue on Android no sound no music...what's going on 

Message 9 of 59 (2,684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: I checked my game again and the sound was working again. I closed the app and reload again and now the sound is gone again. 🤔🤔🤔

Message 10 of 59 (2,660 Views)