No sound after Valentines Day 2016 update

by thirtypark

Original Post

No sound after Valentines Day 2016 update

★ Novice

I lost sound after I updated for Valentines Day.  I reviewed the setting under options in the game. The music volume and SFX volume are turned up to the maximum.  I also made sure that on my phone itself that the Tapped Out setting were also set to the maximum.  I have tried to reload the game several times and turned off the phone several times.  Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

Re: No sound after Valentines Day 2016 update

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @thirtypark,

I understand it's not the most convenient solution but you might need to un-install and re-install the game completely.

Let us know if it worked. 

Message 2 of 5 (357 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but have you tried using the volume up button on the phone?  The volume buttons for many apps are independent, so turning down the volume on one doesn't affect others.

Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)

★ Novice

I have un-install and re-install the game completely several times to no avail.  I have turned up the volume on the phone itself.  I am not sure what to try next.  Everything else in the game seems to be working fine. I really only need the sound when searching for Maggie.

Message 4 of 5 (346 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thirtypark wrote:

II have turned up the volume on the phone itself.

Did you do it while you had the game open?  It always irks me that I'll go some place where I need to turn the volume down on the game, so I'll forget and turn the volume down first and then start the game so when I start playing it makes all kind of noise...

Message 5 of 5 (341 Views)