No buildings available on neighbor visits

by Suski33

Original Post

Re: No buildings available on neighbor visits

★ Novice
@edmund_hh Try to tapp spray buildings! School, police, townhall and Moes.
That works when items are invisible. Next time everything is normal. And 2nd: do not use the skip button to the next neighbour. Back to list and then the next. That works! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Message 21 of 77 (919 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad to know I’m not the only one having this problem! Unfortunately one of the towns where I can’t find anything to tap is someone who visits my town regularly. Unfortunately there’s no way I know of to let them know that it’s not that I don’t want to tap it’s that I can’t. Hope EA gets a fix out there quickly!

Message 22 of 77 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@rvf8880  IKR!  I think most of my loyal neighbors are probably hit with this same bug...either that or they can’t visit me, but don’t why I can’t visit them.😝  It would’ve been great if EA/Origin had ever devised a way for us to communicate with our in-game friends. I’m going to try again to get some help/feedback on this from EA Support. (I wrote off their first non-response response to holiday fever.)  So far, the EA word I’m getting from other  boards is “There is no problem with visiting neighbors. Buildings regenerate income at different times. They will eventually be available to tap.”  Nope.

Message 23 of 77 (915 Views)

★ Apprentice

I reported the bug to help.ea.com. I suggest everyone do this, to make it clear to them that this is a genuine and widespread problem.

Message 24 of 77 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@adparker3179 I agree, the more people reporting the bug the better!  I did so earlier, but now I’ve also opened a C.S. ticket again, in hopes that a fix (or response) will finally be forthcoming.🤞😳  The “no bug with visits, buildings just take time to regenerate $” EA  answer doesn’t really work for someone who’s been playing for 6 years, with many of the same neighbors who always have something available (my 2nd town included)! Maybe it’s related to the Holiday Event, and once it’s over? Normal or no? Here’s hoping. Happy New Year to all, anyway.

Message 25 of 77 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a quick update on the issue. I just received a response to my C.S. ticket (very quick for the  weekend, you bet!), and will pass on the word from Ashish, at EA:

“Missing your neighbor towns in "The Simpsons: Tapped Out ", might be troublesome and disturbing for you.
Rest assured I will try my best to resolve the issue.  I would like to share that we are getting similar reports about Friends and Neighbors , and we have been tracking these cases.  Meanwhile we don't have any resolution to this issue, so I would ask you to wait for the time being to get this fixed.  You have already performed the ample amount of troubleshooting steps, so I would not recommend them again.  Thus I would like you to wait for the time being.”

So, it’s “bide our time” on the issue, I guess.  Until things return to normal 🤪🤞😂, thanks to all who responded. Here’s to a Tap-filled 2020!🍾🎉

Message 26 of 77 (846 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Suski33 At least they have recognized it as a genuine issue. That's a "win" for now.
Message 27 of 77 (832 Views)

@Suski33 Thank you for the update. I sure hope it gets resolved soon.

~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 77 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Suski33 

Thanks for preserving & getting an answer.

Hopefully once this event is over we will once again be able to tap our neighbours buildings.

Message 29 of 77 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@adparker3179, @BurghBaby@niahunt:

You’re so very welcome, happy to do it, and I, too, hope it means resolution will be on its way!💗 (Patience is not my strong point, but I’m learning😉.)

Message 30 of 77 (778 Views)