New babies download ignores sound settings

by bdlawry

Original Post

New babies download ignores sound settings

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

My tapped out app updated this morning...  after upgrade, was able to play normally except for sound settings.  I normally run with both SFX and music set at 0.  When I open the app, the sfx start to come on.  Not every action causes a sfx, but some of them are ignoring the settings...

[CM Edit: Removed screenshot.]

Message 1 of 7 (1,542 Views)

Re: New babies download ignores sound settings

Store updates sometimes reset settings to default

Your pic does not show if that is the case for you

It does however show personal/sensitive information, and I recommend you delete it, for your safety - there are some things you do not want published on a world wide open forum

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 7 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue. Sounds like a fire or deep fryer when I first open the game. If I scroll around, it goes away and then comes back. I've double checked my sound settings for the game and even rebooted my phone. Same issue.

S10+ with VZW Update 5.

Message 3 of 7 (1,494 Views)

★★★ Novice

This isn't an issue of settings being reset. The same idea occurred to me too so I went to my settings and turned the volume for both music and effects up and then down again. Still had the bug.

Message 4 of 7 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BluKnightW It goes away only if I turn down the volume with the button on the side of my phone, but I get the exact same noise... to me it sounded like rain falling in the game. I thought it was the speaker going out on my Galaxy S8! Glad to confirm it's a bug.
Message 5 of 7 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still an ongoing problem.  Both my wife's phone and mine (Moto G4) have this issue, as does my Kindle HD 8.

During the load screen after logging in, the game starts to first play one sound effect (bubbling) and then a louder sound effect over it (fire).  This continues until I scroll around my town.  If I jump to someone who has a task at the Simpsons house, the sound returns until I scroll away again.

I have all sound turned off in the game settings.

I went through multiple rounds with EA help repeating the same advice (update, try another device, etc etc).  None of those made any difference.

Message 6 of 7 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Arrenaibdlawry I do have the same problem, but it's bats when I start playing, and the bubbling when I'm close to a big skull (don't remember where was it from), something else as well
Message 7 of 7 (843 Views)