New Gil School Deal Not Triggering

by bunnydud

Original Post

New Gil School Deal Not Triggering

★ Guide

Myself as well as many readers of the Addicts site are NOT able to trigger the new Gil Deal for Otto's and the School Bus (70 donuts) that just hit the games earlier today. 

No amount of troubleshooting corrects this. 

Not a single of the items in deal are/were purchased prior. (In other words no one has any of the items already that he is offering.)

Have gone to point of Nuclear Option and storing entire town and then placing each building back.

Uninstall/Reinstall. 

Nothing is working. 

Please add to this post so we can bring attention to this for all the other players impacted. There is a time limit on this deal and many want it, but are unable to get it to trigger. 

Put Device you are experiencing issue on and any additional troubleshooting you have tried too to get it to trigger with no luck. Hopefully EA will fix this soon before the timer runs out. 

Message 1 of 83 (2,301 Views)

Re: New Gil School Deal Not Triggering

★★★ Newbie
These are the things I have tried that haven’t worked (I REALLY want Otto). Classic force close, restart, uninstall/reinstall, moved from krustyland to Springfield, went into friends back into Springfield, had every character free, placed the items I have in storage (monkey bars and see-saw), sold all those items, force closed, finally uninstalled/reinstalled again. I am an on android HRC One.
Message 2 of 83 (2,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also have not been able to trigger the deal. i have tried everything. also having an issue with triggering lenny and carl's events as i have just built the buddhist temple yesterday. not sure if the issues are related but i guess that they could be. i'm on a verizon galaxy note 3

Message 3 of 83 (2,117 Views)

★★ Novice
My town is also not sowing the Gil deal, even after uninstalling/reinstalling and other troubleshooting options. My game was in Krustyland so that may have been the reason Gil didn't trigger. I would like to spend donuts on this deal
Message 4 of 83 (2,101 Views)

★ Novice
I'm also experiencing trouble and am not able to trigger this latest Gil deal. The new update loaded, Lisa was free, but no Gil Frown I tried closing the app, turning off/on my phone, went to Krustyland, checked friends, closed the app again and nothing. I REALLY, REALLY WANT OTTO!!! Please fix this glitch so I can get this latest Gil deal, I'm sure he'll appreciate it too, lol.
I'm playing on an iphone 5s. Username is DonutCabeza.
Thanks! Standard smile
Message 5 of 83 (2,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't recieved the prompt for the Gil Deal. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well as turned the phone on and off.  I've cleared the cache from the app and had all characters free to intiate the prompt.  Nothing.  I really want to take advantage of this deal! My phone is a Nexus 5

Message 6 of 83 (2,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue, after all of the usual troubleshooting steps. You'd think that EA would WANT me to spend my hard earned/bought donuts :-)
Message 7 of 83 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not working for me either, tried the usual troubleshooting. I am level 43 and had everyone in town free. iPod touch 5. Definitely want this deal.
Message 8 of 83 (2,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm flippin' out been wanting Otto for a minute, will PURCHASE donuts once fixed

Message 9 of 83 (2,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not triggering for me, either. Have tried *everything*.... nuking, all characters free, uninstall/reinstall, force close, entering from Krustyland, entering from neighbors, rebooting my phone, and every permutation thereof. Trying to be patient....

Message 10 of 83 (2,016 Views)