Re: Need to move my Simpsons Tapped Out from my work Apple ID to personal Apple

by 1-Graham-S

Original Post

Need to move my Simpsons Tapped Out from my work Apple ID to personal Apple ID

★★ Novice

Need to move my Simpsons Tapped Out from my work Apple ID to personal Apple ID before 2/1/23. Can this be done? Been playing for 10+ years.  Can this be done?

Message 1 of 6 (539 Views)

@bs182411 - the app is connected to the email on your EA account. As long as you have access to the original email it should be no problem to do.

Head to your EA account and tap Edit by the email shown. It will send a security code to that email to prove it's you.

Enter the new email for the account and it will send a further code to that new email to verify the change.

if you pop to the Security tab you can also add a second email for account recovery in case you lose access to the primary email.

You can also register a phone number on the account, and use that to get codes via SMS once the number has been confirmed.

Do all that and there should be no future problems, as long as you keep the info up-to-date.

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 2 of 6 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bs182411 - I'll add, you need to have the app connected to that EA account. If you're playing as anonymous the game is connected to the device only.

Uninstall or change device and you won't have access to your game.

Make sure the account hasn't been used to save a game previously and just tap Log-in on the splash screen to connect, if you haven't already done that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)

★★ Novice

HERO,

I thought this worked until today when I tried to download game update.  It asked me to login to my previous AppleID, which I no longer have access too.  Im login under my personal email, but its the old AppleID that's still the issue.  Any advise?

Message 4 of 6 (368 Views)

@bs182411 - if your game was saved and connected to your EA account then changing device even to Android or a Kindle will still connect you to your game.
That sounds like an iOS account issue that probably won't matter much if you ditch it and start again with Apple
The number of iOS issues I read makes me glad I'm on Android !!

Message 5 of 6 (362 Views)

Hero

@bs182411 Where did it tell you to log in to the old ID? Did it say your game didn't save so log in to the old device etc? If that is the case and you had been using the new personal ID, then just hit play now and continue.  https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Says-my-game-didn-t-save-on-other-device/td-p/6582...

I am not an employee of EA. I am just another player trying to help.
If you found this answer helped, please grant +XP and/or accept as the solution so others can benefit.
Message 6 of 6 (347 Views)