My friends disappeared!

by aigori

Original Post

My friends disappeared!

★ Novice

Hi!

There was no problem just a few days ago, but one day I couldn't find my friends at all. There is only "other Springfield" now.

Please don't say

Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
Tap the red "minus" button to close the app.

I restarted the app, reinstalled the app, and relogged on the app, but problem still remained!

I hope there is a solution to solve this problem at this point.

ps. Frankly speaking, restarting the app is not a solution. Even though the problem solved in that way, it is clearly a bug.

Message 1 of 18 (15,856 Views)

Re: My friends disappeared!

★ Novice

I have the same issue, and removing and reinstalling the app. was of no use, either...

Also, besides the reboot and all that you mention, tried logging out and back in to the game with no luck.

My friends can play in my Springfield, but I cannot see theirs.  :/

Additionally, under "Friends" off the Origin logo, sometimes it is blank or I get an error accessing it, as well as same under Invites and News, though the latter two are always blank if they do come up.

For me it started right after the last program update thru the Apple App Store, and I think right after it's own module update that occured about a week later...

It's persisting even after the latest update via the App Store.  :/

This is all on an iPad with it's latest IOS - 5.1.1.

A friend/roommate uses an iPod with it's latest IOS, I think 6.3.1, and it does the exact same thing for his Origin login as well!

Please help us!!!!!

Message 2 of 18 (15,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same issue....  I emailed support and they offered up the usual restart the device, reinstall the app advice.  None of those steps worked.

Please fix this issue!!

Message 3 of 18 (15,791 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow 3 years later and it looks like this is still an issue. I'm having the same issue only just one friend keeps disappearing and reappearing seemingly at random. They only reappear once they check my town. They are connected via Facebook (and I'm connected via origin) but I have other friends that are connected to Facebook that have never disappeared. It's really frustrating since I was the one to recommend the app to them, and now I can't visit their town. :/

Message 4 of 18 (15,758 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @wysocki94483,

There's an ongoing thread about the investigation. Please check that thread instead as it's more up-to-date: missing friends from simpson.

Message 5 of 18 (15,749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you, it can sometimes be difficult finding updates for these sort of things.

Message 6 of 18 (15,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aw me too! I had 69+ friends now only have other Springfield! Let me no if u manage to restore them and I will let u no if I have any success!👌🏽

Message 7 of 18 (12,459 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This can happen occasionally, it has happened in my town too. They will return after a while. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 8 of 18 (12,451 Views)

★ Novice

Hi the same happened to me. My friends came back after about a week.

hope yours returns soon x 👍

Message 9 of 18 (12,370 Views)

★ Novice

Still happening!  Please fix. Thanks

Message 10 of 18 (11,921 Views)