My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

by thepuckade289

Original Post

Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

Hero (Retired)

Some players do have this problem when they go into the game via notifications. Another reason for this happening is not enough free space on your device. See this thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 71 of 99 (1,764 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi thanks but I’ve seen this link so many times and I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t help at all. I only ever go in from the app, plus it was still happening when I had 10gb free. I’ve deleted the game now so won’t be buying anymore doughnuts 🍩 lol
Message 72 of 99 (1,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It’s been a year since these comments and this game does this to me. But I do not have notifications on. I’m about to delete it.
Message 73 of 99 (1,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

I deleted some of my games that I was not really playing a lot and that seemed to work for me hope it helps you

Message 74 of 99 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me in the UK,

At home on fibre broadband,  in the office and on 4G.   And opening from the Icon,  and after deleting and reinstalling...

Perhaps its a sign that I should get a life?

S

Message 75 of 99 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This problem is happening to me right now. Twice a day complete download. I almost cannot play. 

Is there any help?

Thank you. 

Message 76 of 99 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes delete stuff on your iPad or phone I had the same problem since I deleted things off my iPad I have not had an issue with it since

Message 77 of 99 (1,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

plenty space - but still this issue happens to me.

if i start the game - 1.5GB download of updates.  Start game again later the same day - no issue.

Start game next day - updates needed.

Space on iPad cleared - now 5.4GB free - but nope - still updates needed.

It gets old, really quick.

Update: I have done all tips i found in this thread.

Nothing works - still every day, twice a day, this ' game'  needs to download updates again and again.

1550,9 MB to be exact.

After update - there is still about 10GB free space now - having cleared off just about all *, junk, and unused apps - but this keeps happening.

If there is a magic fix - EA - please share this with me.

Gaming is supposed to be fun - this fault in the program is NOT fun.

Message 78 of 99 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry to hear that On my iPad the simpsons are 70.2mb if that helps I don’t know I did have to delete quite a bit for it to work hope it works

Message 79 of 99 (1,287 Views)

Hero

That sounds like a corrupt file from not having enough room before. As long as you do not play anonymously, you should uninstall and reinstall.

Message 80 of 99 (1,250 Views)