My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

by thepuckade289

Original Post

Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

★★★ Novice

I have like 5 GBs of free space and i still have this redownloading issue. I cant play the game fine on my ipad that wont update to ios11 becuase it is a gen 2 ipad but my iphone 7 with ios11 cant play the game at all. This is in CST in canada. I have tried on wifi at home, wifi at work and on cellular data so i think it is an ios11 game problem honestly. cant get notifications if the game wont load so no not opening it from notifications.

Message 31 of 99 (6,868 Views)

Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

★★ Novice

Hi I’ve tried deleting and re downloading the game again, plus I always use the app to enter the game. Is it an OS 11 thing as it’s seams to have started since the OS upgrade?

Message 32 of 99 (6,664 Views)

Bug Tapped-out? Every day updating

★★★ Newbie

I play Tapped out on my iPad. Since a couple of weeks I constantly need to log in and wait for big updates if I want to play the game. How is this fixable? Thanks Rinke

Message 33 of 99 (6,615 Views)

Simpson’s Tapped out keeps redownloading?!

★ Novice
I’ve had this game since it launched years ago and for the past few months I have had to constantly re enter my origin details and sit through a redownload of around 570 updates and 1800mb and it does this about two times a day! I have deleted and redownloaded this game hundreds of times and I definitely have more than enough free space on my iPad. I also stopped playing it for a few weeks in hopes that an update or something would fix but it sadly hasn’t. If anyone can give me any advice it would be appreciated as I’m so close to giving up on this game.
Message 34 of 99 (6,468 Views)

Re: Simpson’s Tapped out keeps redownloading?!

Hero (Retired)

Hi, a lot of players have had problems since iOS11 was released. There have been many threads on the EA forum about the game re-downloading. Sometimes the problem can be due to not having enough free space on a device. Here is one thread about the issue:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/170225/download-update#latest

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 35 of 99 (6,450 Views)

Game always redownloading the updates

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have read a lot on the forum, but every techniques are not working with me. 3-4 times a day a I have to redownload the updates ( 1000 Mb each time). 

I have plenty of space on my iPhone 6s. 

Dont know what to do. I wrote to EA but without any response. 

Need help :P 

Thanks 

Message 36 of 99 (6,447 Views)

Re: Game always redownloading the updates

★★★ Novice
I have had the same problem since the Halloween download. Asks for my age then to enter my email and password. Takes about 10 minutes to load the 1036.4 MB download ever time I go to play the game. Email I got from EA said they are working on it.
Message 37 of 99 (6,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your email yes I have the exact problem hope it gets fixed soon cause I really like that game but it’s really annoying to wait cause it takes a while
Message 38 of 99 (6,230 Views)

★★★ Novice
Still having the same problem, but when I go to my EA Cases they all say CLOSED.
I have done everything they have told me to do. Deleted and loaded it 3 times. Nothing works. Waste a lot of my time!
Message 39 of 99 (5,987 Views)

★★★ Novice
I guess someone heard me.....started to Work this afternoon when I logged on!! Hope it doen't happen again.
Message 40 of 99 (5,970 Views)