Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

by lilcurlysun

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have never allowed notifications and always access through the app icon but I am still having this issue. EA customer service keeps offering me 20 donuts to stop contacting them about it. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app twice.  Playing on an iPad, software up to date. So annoying. 

Message 81 of 99 (2,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went in the app settings and turned off "Local Notifications" and the re-downloading has stopped.

Message 82 of 99 (2,313 Views)

Re: downloading updates every time!

★★★ Newbie
I already deleted it four times and reinstalled it and that is still happening.. I also use iOS
Message 83 of 99 (2,158 Views)

Re: downloading updates every time!

Hero (Retired)

@-DAWR-BLuJiNX The most likely cause for redownloading is lack of space on your device. The following thread may help:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 84 of 99 (2,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the issue recurring for years now. I don't think they are going to "fix it in a few weeks" and I don't think reporting it is going to help.

Message 85 of 99 (1,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@thepuckade289 Same thing here, every time I try to log on it reinstalling stops me, at first I thought I had been hacked, he also says it’s on another device, but my phone is the only place I have it?
Message 86 of 99 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

As said in this thread the most common reason is lack of space.

This game is huge.

Clear off 4-6 gigs of space on the device, cannot be on an sd card.

Reboot your device. It may download one more time.

Do not play while downloading, even though it may say you can.

If you have an IOS device and have more than 6 gigs free, scroll up in this thread to where Muhsterino posted a link and read it.

Also, the other device didn't save usually happens when you play on more than one device, but I have gotten it randomly even though I only play on one device. It just happens sometimes when they are working on the servers.

Message 87 of 99 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its been almost 4 years and it’s still a known issue. EA is useless

Message 88 of 99 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

4 years and the issue persists :/

Message 89 of 99 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Happens 2 me and I already have notifications turned off, Uninstalled it and cleared up 2 gb on my phone, worked a day and now is doing it again. Real problem is they are doing too many events back to back to get $, before had to wait a month for new events, but never had issues.

Message 90 of 99 (672 Views)