Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

by thedribz

Original Post

★ Novice
Hi did you manage to get a solution? I see some people are saying this only happens when they use notifications and not the app to play but I always use the app and it redownloads with me all the time . So annoying . Regards
Message 11 of 99 (8,816 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@trisha_00 wrote:
Hi did you manage to get a solution? I see some people are saying this only happens when they use notifications and not the app to play but I always use the app and it redownloads with me all the time . So annoying . Regards

As long as you are not tapping the notification to open the app you should be fine.  If you are tapping the app icon from your homescreen and you are still having problems then you may have a corrupted install, so you will need to follow these instructions:

• Force close all apps on your device
  • Free up some space on your device (the game needs a lot of free space, so delete unnecessary apps/music/videos/pictures/etc.)
  • Re-sync your game progress in game (make sure your game is attached to an EA account first) by visiting Krustyland or Other Springfield and then returning to your game
  • Uninstall the game from your device
  • Turn off your device, wait a couple of minutes and then turn your device back on
  • Install the game again

If you do all of this and you still have problems the next time you try to play the game then you will need to contact EA directly to see if they can resolve the issue for you.  When you do contact EA, be sure to provide them with as much information as possible including the details of the device you are playing on as well as the steps you have taken to rectify the problem yourself.

Message 12 of 99 (8,801 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @trisha_00 

I hope @thedribz advise resolved your issue. Let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 13 of 99 (8,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Makes me want to quit playing. It's been happening 3-4 times a day now
Message 14 of 99 (6,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of this * works. I have never had my notifications on, so I always enter by tapping the icon. It redownloads every day. For hours. Game is unplayable. I have tried all the deleting, restarting, redownloading *. Maybe they should fix their game? Anything else work? I'm about to delete it for good.

Message 15 of 99 (6,078 Views)

Hello @jmorey48 

And I can totally see why you are frustrated. What device are you using to play the game? What region are you in?

Archi.png
Message 16 of 99 (6,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using an iPad with the latest version of iOS. I'm on the east coast of the us.

Message 17 of 99 (6,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep - on an iPad Mini 3 with latest version of iOS - on the Eastern Side as well. Currently downloaded for the FOURTH time in two days. I am ready to stop playing this game and focus on something else. Waste of time and data!!!

Message 18 of 99 (6,011 Views)

Hello @lawsonhouse 

I am really sorry for this issue with the game. Have you tried to use alternative Internet connection to download the game? Your iPad is up to date? What region are you in? 

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 19 of 99 (5,997 Views)

Re: downloading updates every time!

★ Novice
I have the redownload everytime and it's not the first time either. Honestly it's so annoying. I feel like not playing it at all. I have reverted to playing on my husbands phone which is android and there is no problems on his phone.
Message 20 of 99 (5,925 Views)