Re: downloading updates every time!

by Indys2nd

Original Post

My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

★★★★★ Novice
At least twice a day the game loads as if it is brand new. Over 986mbs every time it downloads. This started about 4 or 5 days ago when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it due to a message the game said that I had no more space after the Wild West event. I have plenty of space, I play on a Galaxy 5s on both wifi and sprint carrier. I have cleared all cashes and reinstalled. Please help. It is really annoying.

-thepuckade289
Message 4 of 99 (52,683 Views)

downloading updates every time!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

why do i have to download the updates everytime i play the simspons tapped out?

Message 1 of 99 (48,267 Views)

Hero (Retired)
If it's doing that, delete the app and reinstall. What kind of device are you using? IOS or Android?

Also, how much storage space is left on your device?
Message 2 of 99 (48,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'll give it a try.

I'm playing it on iOS, and the storage space is quite enough 

Thank u for your reply.

Message 3 of 99 (48,251 Views)

Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

★★★★ Novice

There is a thread called redownloading issues, you can put your information there, instead of making a new one. EAsupport told me that it is a known issue. Hopefully, in a few days to weeks that they fix the problem, but for now, all the people that have the same problem is just to report it in the thread named redownloading issues. I had this issue since last wednesday.

Message 5 of 99 (52,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
this is ridiculous.it keeps happening and wasting over a gig everytI me. I've been playing almost 3 years now. I think I'm done now. pokemon go it is. EA does nothing and has no answer.
time to catch email all
Message 6 of 99 (52,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I found a pattern with it. It would only cause the re-download when I tried to enter the game through the notifications my phone would send me. I just disabled the notifications and I have been fine ever since.

Message 7 of 99 (52,335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can second that, the problem only occures when loading the game from a notification.

Bug is still in the game!

Message 8 of 99 (51,479 Views)

★★★ Novice
You could put the link of the original post here...
Message 9 of 99 (51,064 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GianOpp wrote:
You could put the link of the original post here...

The post mentioned above can be found by doing a search for the words "redownloading issue".  But I wouldn't recommend it as the thread hasn't been active in almost 7 months.

As far as I can see the only solution found in the original post was to enter the game through the app icon and not through notifications as was discussed in the comment before yours.

Message 10 of 99 (51,053 Views)