Re: Misspent donuts

by BurghBaby

Original Post

Misspent donuts

★ Novice
I have been saving up for Barney and the bowlarama and accidentally spent a third of the ones I've been saving yesterday speeding up something completely pointless and while trying to press cancel I accidentally closed the window.

I really don't want to give Tapped Out up but this would be a deal breaker for me.

Im a huge EA fan (especially The Sims... Although, bring back Toddlers) and I really hope you can help me out with this.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.
Message 1 of 7 (223 Views)

@riniheehee  EA usually does not replace accidentally spent counts as there is a confirm donut spend in the app. You are more then welcome to contact them and speak to them directly if you would like. 

Go to http://help.ea.com/
Click on help with a game
Click on the Simpson's Tapped Out logo
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on contact us
Select your appropriate platform
Click next on bottom right
Select a topic
Tell us a little more: Simpson's Tapped Out
Click next

You will then have the option for Answer HQ, Live Chat or Email or a Call Me Option!

If you see live chat and want to wait, click it.

If you want to send an email, click that one.

If you want a call back, choose that one and enter a phone number for them to call you back!

NOT EVERY OPTION IS AVAILABLE! DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION AND TIME DAY, WILL DEPEND ON YOUR OPTIONS!!

Good luck!

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (220 Views)

★ Novice
I tried to email. The only contact methods I have been offered are live chat and answer hq. After waiting for three hours on live chat I thought I'd try this.
Message 3 of 7 (218 Views)

To unlock "Email" as an option, choose "Download/Installation issues" as your topic when opening the support ticket via https://help.ea.com/contactus

Opening the support ticket this way in no way guarantees that it reaches the right department for your problem and you may be asked to contact EA another way but you won't know until you try.

Hopefully that will give you email to them as this is a self help, player helping player forum and we can not go into games to fix the issues here

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 7 (211 Views)

BurghBaby is as always right, you need to contact EA about this and even though it is not likely you'll get a refund, you'll definitily wont get one of you dont ask.
For thr future
Turn on Confirm Donut Spend to minimise accidents like these.
A popup message will appear everytime you're about to spend donuts.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Info-Confirm-Donut-Spend/m-p/3932713#U3932713
This does not apply to Gils deals so tap lightly around those and it can reset itself when you update the game so check that it is on after every update.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 7 (205 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you for your help. I got 15 donuts back in the end. Better than nothing. I have turned automatic donut spend off too! Merry Christmas.
Message 6 of 7 (200 Views)

Glad you!got something back. Merry Christmas. 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 7 of 7 (193 Views)