MONORAIL TUNNEL

by masc2279

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MONORAIL TUNNEL

★★ Novice

There is a bug with the new Monorail Tunnel it does not align with current track layouts that i have throughout my whole city. There is no way to make the tunnel line up since there is only 4 places you can place the tunnel and no fine tuning of location. 

I have contacted support and they said that this is a known bug and to place the comment here not sure why. But as of right now the tunnel is useless.

I attached and image showing the issue.

Message 1 of 13 (5,488 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MONORAIL TUNNEL

★★★★ Novice

It took me a while, but I was able to line up my Springfield Heights track with my Springfield track once I got the second train tunnel.

I did have to move my Springfield around a bit to get it to fit, which was a pain.  But eventually I got the track to align in both tunnels!

It can be done!

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (4,515 Views)

All Replies

Move the tracks to fit the tunnel.

its like a big jigsaw puzzle.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 13 (5,471 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As you increase the amount of land in Springfield Heights you'll get more places to put it.  I currently have 8 possible spots for it.  Although actually I should say "them" as there will be a second tunnel released in 4 weeks.

My advice: Wait until you have more land in the Heights before you build with the Tunnels.  I'm hoping they'll release the final section of land there so I can put one tunnel at eash end of the mountain range.

Message 3 of 13 (5,460 Views)

★★ Novice

I have every piece of land available. And I have placed it in the places they allow. Also support states it is a known bug.

Message 4 of 13 (5,452 Views)

★★ Novice

No this does not work i have tried in every position that it allows the tunnel to be placed. all the pieces add to the same size if there is a different size piece then maybe but i have tried many combinations and placements and as well as support stating this is a known bug So clearly there is more to this than just placement which i have tried in many ways.

Message 5 of 13 (5,451 Views)

★★ Novice

From everything i do it always is a 1/4 track size short no matter where it is placed and items moved. And since there is no 1/4 track nor anything that adds up to an extra 1/4 track there is no way to align it. 

Message 6 of 13 (5,443 Views)

★★ Novice

Finally having time i have searched online. There are reports from dozens of people who are having the exact same issue this is not just a location issue.

Message 7 of 13 (5,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think this issue is due to how the rail line was initially laid out. In my case, instead of being off by one horizontally, there's no way to fill the gap where it's off by one. Either there needs to be a way to shift the track and tunnel by one or a 1-space filler piece needs to be available. I have all of the land in the Springfield Heights area and most of the land in the main part (including the new area to the right).

Message 8 of 13 (5,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you increase the Springfield heights land so I can get 8positions for the tunnel? Do I need to unlock the millionaire haven?
Message 9 of 13 (5,355 Views)

★★ Novice

And the sad part is my city is so complex i cannot just move items around my monorail is thought my whole city i would have to start again and for me i rather just stop playing. Sad that support does not care about this issue and send us to the boards vs getting this fixed.

Message 10 of 13 (5,307 Views)