by maryjoeb

Original Post

Re: Login Errors

★★ Novice

Me too 😫

Message 11 of 14 (555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Contacted EA support five times to no success. Each time they told me that this bug has not been reported (absolute lies). Have tried every trick in the book: password change, deleting the app, deleting data, trying a different device, waiting......Joke of a game that takes your real money and then locks you out. EA support did not even give me the option to escalate the issue.

Message 12 of 14 (323 Views)

Hero

@436153350 

Change your password to have less than 16 characters and only letters and numbers

If that doesn't work Uninstall , reboot device, change password to be less than 16 characters with only letters and numbers, Reinstall, do not play while downloading.

This thread is 2 years old. You should make a new topic if the thread is more than a couple months old

Message 13 of 14 (311 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Here's my list of things to try when this happens to me:

A. Make sure your password is less than 16 characters long and does not have any special characters - just letters and numbers. Here's a link that should help.

B. Check to make sure there are no extra spaces at the beginning or end of your email address.  They're invisible, so...

C. Check your device permissions for the game.  Make sure the app is allowed to access photos and storage.

D. This is what usually works for me:

• Open the App Manager by double tapping the Home Button (Apple) or tapping the rectangle (Android).
  • Swipe away all open apps (people call this force closing, but that is not correct, this is just closing the apps).  This will often do the trick.

E. Repeat step D, then go to your device's Settings and turn off your internet connection.  Wait a few seconds to a minute then turn it back on and let it connect.

F. Try a device restart: Repeat step D, but instead of trying to start the game...

• Turn off your device. OFF. Do not restart. This means hold the power button down until "swipe to turn off" (or whatever) comes up, then do it.
  • If you're using home internet to connect, turn off your home internet devices.
  • Wait 15 seconds to 1 minute.
  • Turn your home internet devices back on (if applicable) and wait for them to connect.
  • Turn on your device.
  • Try playing.

G. Tap to play and go into the anonymous game.  Play it until you can go to the Neighborhood and try logging in from there.

H Try taking your device somewhere else to connect to a different internet.  Most libraries have wifi.  McDonald's, cafes, etc.

I. If nothing else works I've had to do clean installs:

• Open the App Manager by double tapping the Home Button (Apple) or tapping the rectangle (Android).
  • Swipe away all open apps.
  • Uninstall the game.
  • Turn off your device. OFF. Do not restart.
  • If you're using home internet to connect, turn off your home internet devices.
  • Wait 1 minute.
  • Turn your home internet devices back on (if applicable) and wait for them to connect.
  • Turn on your device.
  • Install the game.
  • Start the game but DO NOT TRY TO PLAY
  • Enter your age and agree to the license.
  • DO NOT LOG IN AT THIS POINT. Wait for ALL the files to download. When ALL the files have downloaded THEN log in.

J. Find someone nice enough to let you borrow their device, install the game on it, and try to play.  This works best if you go for a different OS - Android if you're on iOS and vice versa.

Hopefully one of these things will correct the issue.

Message 14 of 14 (305 Views)