Re: "Interrogate a squealer" possible solution

by kiss_twist425

Original Post

Re: Legs and Louie interrogate a Squealer problem

★ Apprentice

I bought a minnow river but that hasn't changed anything. There wasn't one in my inventory at all. I could send you a screenshot of what my problem looks like if that would help.  

Message 11 of 16 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. I played this before with no ea account and i did have the same problem last year. But fixed after the update. Now i am having the same problem with legs and louie mission since last month and already max my level waited for a new update, but still not working. The do it button wont still work. Can you inform me if you fix yours?
Message 12 of 16 (1,159 Views)

"Interrogate a squealer" possible solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Can you try the following and let us know if it works? As I'm given to understand it, if you try and "Interrogate a Squealer", the task is greyed out in the task option (as shown below)

image.jpg

To make it available, try the following. Load your game as normal and click on the yellow 4-way arrow icon in the bottom-right corner  (indicated by the red box and red arrow below.

image.jpg

This should open up a new on-screen decoration menu. Click on the "river" icon located in the bottom-left corner of the screen (indicated by the red box and blue arrow in the image below)

image.jpg

This should then open the "place river" icon in your town. Make sure there are no buildings or decorations etc where you are trying to place the river otherwise the square will show as red rather than green. Choose where you want to place the river (you only need one square) and then click on the yellow tick icon

image.jpg

This should then place the river in your town

image.jpg

Go back to Legs or Louie and you should now find the "Interrogate a Squealer" task is no longer greyed out.

image.jpg

If you've tried the steps above and it's still greyed out then you may be in a Hellerian Catch-22 situation where you need Frankie the Squealer in your town to do the Interrogate a Squealer task (note the task has a 3 person payout) but can't unlock the quest to get him until you've gone through the storyline.

Message 13 of 16 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice
The quest dont have a start button but the character action is unlock. I even deleted all the river and put only one. Im still having the same problem. I already contact ea but they cannot do anything. They said i should contact them again at 9am but my case is leading me here at the forum.and cannot chat anymore using my case.
Message 14 of 16 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just want to share that i already fixed my problem with this quest. After months of trying and chatting with ea and giving up, i never thought that nuking my springfield putting a river and placing louie will finally fix the problem. Horray!
Message 15 of 16 (4,933 Views)

★★ Novice
I had the same exact problem as the OP! Had the characters, they weren't busy, I had the river – and I tried resetting and putting all the characters in storage, taking them back out, uninstalling game, etc. My problem was that I did not have the blue "do it" button show up, even though the task was open, just like OP. I had this problem for 10 months and it was stuck even though I was able to get to level 105 otherwise – could not pass the storyline. Then one day, I signed in and the blue button appeared out of nowhere. I guess the newest update fixed this glitch.
Message 16 of 16 (1,031 Views)