Re: Laggy on Android 11

by wadebear

Original Post

Laggy on Android 11

★★ Apprentice

I upgraded my Pixel 3 XL to Android 11 and have noticed that Tapped Out is laggy after the upgrade.  Particularly when loading (I get the annoying tweety bird noise and a black screen for at least twice as long as I used to) and when tapping on characters/buildings to collect income.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 9 (1,365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You have Android 11!  Wow!  The most recent version I have is 7.1.1

Contact Google and complain... Um, Er... Tell them you're having a problem.

Message 2 of 9 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I also updated to Android 11 the other day and ever since I did I can barely play the game it lags so much.

Message 3 of 9 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also updated to Android 11 the first week of September on my Pixel 2 XL...  The game loads to the sign in screen.  When I click it, it starts to load, sometimes I get noises other times no, the donut spins for a but then stops and that's all she wrote.  Missed the whole event in September.  Tried uninstalling the game and a bunch of other things to no avail.  When the update for the October / Treehouse of Horror became available, I uninstalled again, rebooted phone then installed.  The game started, got to login screen and to my surprise it actually loaded all the way;.albeit it was so slow and laggy it physically hurt to wait for it to collect income with the sky finger.  

I went to login four hours later to continue the event and was back to hanging upon clicking the login screen.  I'm so disgusted, ready to just delete it and never look back... Sucks to lose all the time and energy farming for donuts and money... 20K donuts and max money for naught.

Hopefully someone will figure it out.

Message 4 of 9 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So it's 2021 and 2 devices later, I'm guessing the issue is TSTO and bad programing optimization to Android 11 and not Android 11 as this happened on two Pixel 3 XL and now on a Pixel 5. Could someone at EA do some quick memory optimization? 🤐

Message 5 of 9 (878 Views)

@kougarking wrote:

optimization to Android 11 and not Android 11 

?

I'm on Android 11 and have no issues

Maybe the problem is Pixel and not Android

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 9 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Seems that it's not a Pixel-only issue.
Have a OnePlus 6T phone that got the Android 11 update recently and TSTO started to get laggy right after.

Same symptoms : games takes a long time to load between title screen and getting into town, and is overall very sluggish if any XP or money floating icons are present.

Message 7 of 9 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just upgraded Oneplus 3T to Android 11 (LineageOS) and the game is usable just to look around in the map. As soon as I tap on building to get money or on completed job for person, it slows donw terribly. When I touch the god finger that collects all the money from all the buildings altogether, before I got a partial slowdown of just a few seconds, now it's completely stuch and even makeing appear the quit dialog takes 10 seconds. In this condition it's unusable.

Message 8 of 9 (476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I gave up.  I haven't played the game in over a year.  Neither EA nor (to a lesser extent) Google seemed all that interested.  I actually started to consider moving to an Apple device, I didn't - yet! - but it's still an option.  I hope the rest of you finally got some satisfaction and were able to get back into and play the game.  Maybe I'll go back and give it another shot if I ever get really bored, but I say to hell with EA, they've been a mess with everything going all the way back to the 90's when I played games on my computer.... 

Message 9 of 9 (440 Views)