Re: LIMITED TIME HALLOWEEN ITEMS NEED END DATES

by ordinarilybob

Original Post

LIMITED TIME HALLOWEEN ITEMS NEED END DATES

★ Guide

I am a bit taken back and bothered that there are MANY new cool items being re-released for the TSTO Halloween 2014 Update. What bothers me is NONE of these items list an end date, but are rolling in n out of the game without warning. 

The newest batch includes Witch Marge w/Cauldron, Krusty Doll & House of Evil, Devil Flanders & Heck House, Bad Dream House, Frog Prince, etc. 

No one at EA was able to give me an exact date when this new batch will be leaving the game. This makes is very hard to go purchase donuts only to find the item you wanted was removed without warning. 

I am asking that ALL players wanting these items to have an end date listed, to please post here so we can bring this overlooked necessity to the game. For this batch and any future batch of "Limited Halloween Items" for the event. 

End dates are VERY helpful to players, especially those budgeting paycheck to paycheck. 

PLEASE EA ADD END DATES TO THESE ITEMS!! Standard smile 

Message 1 of 19 (775 Views)

★ Novice
This is not a question, but I would have purchased a few more of the items from Phase 1 had I known they would not be available for the length of the entire Halloween event - please bring all items back, or at least publish the end date of item availability - thank you.
Message 2 of 19 (730 Views)

★★ Novice

I would love to see the cemeteries, zombies and Mauds ghost come back again. Really wanted to buy them but when I got my paycheck they were gone.

Message 3 of 19 (712 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes limited items should have an end, some people do not have the donuts or the funds to purchase them straightaway. with end dates we can at least know how long we have until its gone.

Message 4 of 19 (705 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Count me in as a Vote +1 requesting end dates.

However, my concern is that the lack of end dates is actually an intended marketting ploy.  If people don't see dates they are more likely to make reactionary, impulsive, and spontaneous purchases. 

Message 5 of 19 (696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm so disappointed that the cemeteries and Mausoleum are gone. I was so eager to buy them, but they disappeard without warning. So please add end dates, so I can plan my purchases and please bring back the cemeteries and mausoleum.

Message 6 of 19 (695 Views)

★★ Novice

Count me in as another one who would like to see end dates for limited time items, both for this event and for any further items whether event, levels, episode tie-ins, etc. 

In sure there are plenty of other players whom, like me, are mostly freemium out of nessesity. I cannot afford to spend much money on the game and only purchase a few things I really want, which takes budgeting. I REALLY wanted the Pet Cemetary and was extremely frustrated when I finally had the money and it was GONE!! 

If they do listen to us and add end dates, I hope they will bring back the items that have disappeared and give us another shot at them! 

Like someone above said, it is obviously calculated, but they are shooting themselves in the foot by counting on quick trigger purchasers and forgetting about us more calculated buyers. 

Message 7 of 19 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand "The event ends on Nov 12 ... probably " is marketing, but a deadline for items availability is a must.

Please, EA add end dates for "Limited Time Halloween" items.

Message 8 of 19 (655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also wanted to buy some of the Halloween stuff but by the time i got some donuts, it was all gone Frown
On previous events the items were available until the end of event. Should of gave some warning, next time i will spend my $ on family guy game instead!
Message 9 of 19 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue struck my house as well.  We were on a trip and noticed some of the holiday items (esp. vampire burns) available.  We had no idea that he would be gone from our list by the time we were back home... but sadly he was removed early in the morning, and we lost a chance to add him to our respective towns.  It would have been nice to have had some warning about the end dates for the availability.  We kind of expected that he would be around until the end of the event...

A little warning might help us to send our sprinkly-goodness back to EA in time...and would be much appreciated.

(MooneyFamily; OrinTeach)

Message 10 of 19 (631 Views)