Re: Keeps crashing before it even opens

by redeemer131

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I managed to fix it.

Change your time to a different timezone (in my case I had to change my timezone to LA - I am based in Australia). The halloween stuff all comes back. Then complete all the jobs, squash all the zombies, and make sure every character has a job.

Then quit the game. Close it properly. Change your timezone back to what It should be.

Then launch the game and it should work!

Message 11 of 350 (13,871 Views)

★★ Novice

@redeemer131 wrote:

Hi All,

I managed to fix it.

Change your time to a different timezone (in my case I had to change my timezone to LA - I am based in Australia). The halloween stuff all comes back. Then complete all the jobs, squash all the zombies, and make sure every character has a job.

Then quit the game. Close it properly. Change your timezone back to what It should be.

Then launch the game and it should work!

I was able to get the game to launch after changing my time zone.  But when I changed it back to normal and launched the game it is still crashing.  What did you mean by close the game properly??

Thanks

Message 12 of 350 (11,399 Views)

Simpsons tapped out

★★★ Newbie

Keeps crashing, happened before today's update and still does after the update.

Message 13 of 350 (11,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried that but still not working

Message 14 of 350 (11,337 Views)

Thanksgiving update crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is anyone else having a problem with the game crashing out now there has been a new update? Since the halloween episode finished and I updated the game To thanksgiving update it will not stay running for longer than 10seconds or so! Homer starts talking about thanksgiving and then it freezesstops crashes back to the home screen! I'm playing on iOS. Help!

Message 15 of 350 (11,152 Views)

★★ Novice

I did the change the timezone thing and it worked again for a couple of hours (I'm guessing until it clicked over to the 8th in US) - now back where I started

Message 16 of 350 (11,304 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and can't get the game to load since the update! So frustrating!its starting up but crashing out after 7-10 seconds! Please fix this EA it was fine during Halloween update! We need a solution to this and fast...

Message 17 of 350 (11,297 Views)

★★★ Novice

Btw the time zone fix is not working anymore. 

Message 18 of 350 (11,289 Views)

★★ Novice
Yep, can confirm it is broken again for me as welll. oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Come on EA. fix it quickly. There is a lot of people with this issue.
Message 19 of 350 (11,257 Views)

TSTO PROBLEM

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the Thanksgiving update I can't get into my game!  I can log on, but when I tap the screen to continue it force closes the APP.  I've logged out and back in, I've restarted the IPad, and I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app itself.  I even tried logging in on a different device and the same result.  My account is the only one this is happening to in my family, please help.

Message 20 of 350 (11,149 Views)