Jackpot Realty / Black Friday 2022

by er01051

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jackpot Realty / Black Friday 2022

★★ Novice

I’ve been playing since before THOH 2012. I’ve spent real money on the game. I want to say $150± but likely much more. (I am, or was, a whale. I haven’t spent real $ in the past five years ±)

I’ve just spent, much to my shame, an additional $90.

I regretted not spending real $$ last year on Jackpot Realty, and it reappeared this year in the Black Friday Gold Mystery Box this year. MANY other players have said (bragged?) they received Jackpot Realty with the first (free) token.

Yet I have blown through at least 20 PURCHASED tokens. Sure, I have added all sorts of premium, even donut-generating, buildings, characters, and task scripts. That’s great. But I’ve spent $90 and still don’t have the ONE ITEM I was spending for.

After ten years of daily play, I am wildly disappointed in EA’s decision to randomize a land acquisition item like Jackpot Realty. To hear of others scoring the Realty on their first free token is just lemon on a paper cut.

EA needs to do the right thing on this item. It would seem older players — who, like me, haven’t infused EA with real $ in a while — are having a far more difficult time than newer players.  I’d have happily spent the $90 if I could have purchased it outright.

I’ve been playing since before THOH 2012. I’ve spent real money on the game. I want to say $150± but likely much more. (I am, or was, a whale. I haven’t spent real $ in the past five years ±)

I’ve just spent, much to my shame, an additional $90.

I regretted not spending real $$ last year on Jackpot Realty, and it reappeared this year in the Black Friday Gold Mystery Box this year. MANY other players have said (bragged?) they received Jackpot Realty with the first (free) token.

Yet I have blown through at least 20 PURCHASED tokens. Sure, I have added all sorts of premium, even donut-generating, buildings, characters, and task scripts. That’s great. But I’ve spent $90 and still don’t have the ONE ITEM I was spending for.

After ten years of daily play, I am wildly disappointed in EA’s decision to randomize a land acquisition item like Jackpot Realty. To hear of others scoring the Realty on their first free token is just lemon on a paper cut.

EA needs to do the right thing on this item. It would seem older players — who, like me, haven’t infused EA with real $ in a while — are having a far more difficult time than newer players.  I’d have happily spent the $90 if I could have purchased it outright.

I never said it before because I always knew it was likely I’d spend real currency on this game again in the future, but I’m going to say it now: good luck EVER getting any more blood from this turnip, ever again.

Yeah yeah, I know what you’re all thinking. The Realty wasn’t a sure thing, nobody put a gun to your head, stop whining, it’s just buyer’s remorse.

Yup it’s all those things. But it’s nuts that so many got the item for free.

Yeah yeah, I know what you’re all thinking. The Realty wasn’t a sure thing, nobody put a gun to your head, stop whining, it’s just buyer’s remorse.

Signed,

Bitter Donut

Message 1 of 5 (485 Views)

Accepted Solution

Rif.: Jackpot Realty / Black Friday 2022

@er01051 - if you have fewer items still to get then those unique items you get now won't be possibly added to next year's Gold Box.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (431 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @er01051 ,
Indeed, in my humble opinion, if one has to complain about anything, it is the Golden Goose Realty, the only really important and absolutely necessary item in the game. Without this building, which I'll remind you, generates 1 terrain token every 12h, the only other method of getting these terrain tokens are the daily challenges.. but they're rare! Without land tokens YOU CANNOT go ahead in the game, because, once a certain limit has been exceeded, the land can ONLY be unlocked with tokens!
This is the only really necessary and important object in the game.. everything else can be done without, and this object must not be inside a mystery box, or at least it must ALSO be re-proposed for single sale during the year!
As for your outburst.. I understand you, but the prizes in the mystery box are based on luck and you and I, this year, have been really unlucky!
If it's any consolation, if you commit yourself and empty the other mystery boxes, next year you will find the golden box with very few prizes and it will be easier to get the prizes you want (I only had 3 or 4 prizes)

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 5 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @Bafanc 

Wow, thanks for the highly detailed response! 

I do not understand what you mean about “committing to open other mystery boxes.” Why would the other mystery boxes impact what’s in the gold mystery box?

Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

@er01051 - if you have fewer items still to get then those unique items you get now won't be possibly added to next year's Gold Box.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (432 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @Bafanc 

Message 5 of 5 (389 Views)