[Info request] Screen freezing (THOH update)

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Info request] Screen freezing (THOH update)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We have seen some reports where you describe the screen freezing since the last game update. Restarting the game or visiting a friend's Springfield is a workaround for when it happens, but we would like to look into this.

If you are experiencing it in your game, please, answer this thread with the following information:

• Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, etc.): 
  • OS (iOS 12, Android 8.0, etc.): 
  • TSTO username: 
  • What where you doing when the screen froze?: 
  • How long was the screen frozen?: 
  • Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend?: 

Thanks for your reports!

-Mai

Message 1 of 65 (2,347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Info request] Screen freezing (THOH update)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We have recently made some changes in the game that should help with most of the issues EA_Roger detailed in this post. If you haven't already, please, make sure your game is completely updated.

We are aware some of you may still have characters stuck on "get milk" task. Studio is still working on that issue and we will open a new thread to request more information if needed.

If you still experience any of the other issues, please, let us know!

Thanks one more time for answering and your detailed reports! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

View in thread

Message 64 of 65 (1,415 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 8.0

petehd14

collecting money from jobs & buildings

as long as there was lots of floating currency/xp on screen

No, but I did need to force quit when a few characters wouldn't get assigned by the unemployment office

Message 2 of 65 (2,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Huh, just assumed the lagging and slowness was because of all the heavy animations going on in this event
Turning people into minions and all that

• Device Samsung Galaxy 5 neo
  • OS Android 6.0.1
  • TSTO username: minicha-em (+Anonymous)
  • What where you doing when the screen froze? Visiting friends / whenever I clear tasks or income / opening game
  • How long was the screen frozen? Didnt freeze, kicked me back to home / Until all money, xp have disappeared nd then some seconds/ about 20 sec before I can do anything
  • Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend?: When I get kicked back to home when I tap a minion in a friends town, I needed to restart, only effect friends, not other Springfield. May be that the town I was visiting have the broken game-syndrome (no working characterfinder, no working monorail, IRS etc) 

• Device iPad2
  • OS iOS 9.3.5
  • TSTO username: minicaCtown (+anonymous) 
  • What where you doing when the screen froze?:  whenever I clear tasks or income / opening game
  • How long was the screen frozen?: Until all money, xp have disappeared and then some time, longer than the android (I think it's because the iPad is older, really old)/ about 20 sec before I can do anything
  • Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend? no. Im a bad neighbour, I dont visit unless I have a task that cant be done in the other Springfield

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 65 (2,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge / Amazon Fire HD 8 / Bluestacks
  • OS Android Oreo / Fire OS / whatever Bluestacks is
  • TSTO username: thejoeinme
  • What where you doing when the screen froze?: Anything related to inventory will cause the game to freeze. Either buying from the store or placing objects from inventory. Also selecting multiple items and storing them, or moving them. The worst is when I place something from the inventory, because if it's the last item (like tree #2 of 2) then it'll automatically want to place the next item in the inventory, which causes two freezes. 
  • How long was the screen frozen?: Up to two minutes on Bluestacks / five minutes or more on Fire OS / three to five minutes on Android
  • Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend?: This has no effect on whether the game freezes. The freezing has basically made the game unplayable, aside from collecting currency. To design anything would take all day long just to design a small area.

Note: This has only been happening since the end of the Itchy and Scratchy Land update. Whatever changed in the software update at the end of the event has caused all this trouble for my game.

Message 4 of 65 (2,224 Views)

★★ Novice
Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, etc.): SSGlxy Tab A
OS (iOS 12, Android 8.0, etc.): Android
TSTO username: ZenGlenn
What where you doing when the screen froze?: Numerous times:
•general gameplay, tapping on characters/ bldngs all retains several seconds of delay / freezing,
•Placing items from inventory or after purchase results in total freeze requiring quitting/ game restart
How long was the screen frozen?: 30 seconds to permanent
Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend?: yes
Message 5 of 65 (2,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Same glitch. Also, I can't send many of my characters (like 12 of them) to work through the employment office. If I click their faces in the corner of the screen, a window pops up with their outfits. 

The game sometimes randomly writes "No Monster Minions in the town. Check back later" - when there are clearly many minions on the screen.

My device: Galaxy J3 (2016)

TSTO username: czipotteszti

When the screen froze I tried to collect income from buildings and clear monster minions.

I had to wait for like 10-15 seconds.

I didn't need to restart or visit a neighbor - just wait and tap the screen until it worked again.

Message 6 of 65 (2,185 Views)

device iPhone 6s

OS 12
johncolombo

My haze frozen several times while playing the ruins game. I find the relic and it doesn't register I can't do anything till I hard exit the game.
When I restart the game it awards the materials. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 7 of 65 (2,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Samsung galaxy s8 android 8.0

chrisdirai146

While collecting income from jobs or attempting to tap individual characters the game will freeze just the controls. The graphics continue but am unable to regain control of moving around, collecting income, assigning tasks or using quick tabs to go to event info, the store or visiting friends. While frozen the ability to log off also is locked forcing a hard close. Force stop, clear cache, clear data does not fix it either. 

Several times while visiting neighbors the game closed and i got the message that Tapped Out had stopped working and was closed.

Message 8 of 65 (2,120 Views)

★ Novice
  • Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, etc.): Huawei y6
  • OS (iOS 12, Android 8.0, etc.): android
  • TSTO username: aoifeloner604
  • What where you doing when the screen froze?: collecting rents and task money. If it's just one or two, it's fine; more than that and everything freezes until all the money and XP is in.
  • How long was the screen frozen?: Up to half a minute, each time. It took more than an hour to collect my whole town.
  • Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend: Unable to do so; I had to just wait it out each time.
Message 9 of 65 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Device iPad Air 
OS iOS 12
TSTO username: jlj5578
What where you doing when the screen froze?:  collecting money and XP. 
How long was the screen frozen?:  well after money and XP was all collected
Did you need to restart your game or visit a friend?: had to restart game

also I’m on part 6 of questline and the THOH store tab is completely gone. It was there yesterday and I got all the new characters. The splash screen doesn’t even show up in the store. Also having difficulties in the crafting. Level 1 shrubs are locked even though I’m on level 2 and my second vulture tree disappeared.

Message 10 of 65 (2,084 Views)