Re: Game Crashing on load

by mnChucky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Info Request] TSTO Game Crashing After Failed Purchase - Please get the latest update from the store

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Update 2013-11-27:

Hi all,

We have just released an update available on the iTunes App Store that should resolve this issue for iOS users. If you are affected by this issue please take the following steps below:

1. Open the App Store on your device
  2. Go to The Simpsons: Tapped Out app page
  3. Update to the latest version: 4.5.3
  4. Re-launch The Simpsons: Tapped Out app

While this update has fixed the issue with users crashing after a failed purchase attempt, EA still recommends that users confirm they are logged into their iTunes accounts and that their payment information is current prior to making a new purchase.

You can access your iTunes account information on device by going to the following: 
Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>View Apple ID>Payment Information 

Feedback from matts5:

Todays Thanksgiving update did fix the crash issue. Alls well now.. Its been almost a week. Thank you EA for getting down to the problem and fixing it!

For those that are worried about a refund. The email you got about your inapp purchase that apple sent you. There is a link on that email that will let you open a dispute about the purchase. Just explain the problem and say you want to revert the purchase. They will refund the money spent before your crash.

EA can't refund your money because its handled by Apple.

PLEASE KEEP REPLIES TO FEEDBACK ONLY AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

Hello All,

We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulties accessing Tapped Out. If you had a problem completing a purchase and your game is now crashing at the load screen you may be affected by this issue. Please be assured that our team is working hard to resolve this issue.

If you are currently affected by this issue:

• Please post a message to this thread and include the following information:
    • Origin ID
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Did you update your game to the latest version from the app store?
    • What device are you playing the game on?
      • If on iOS what version is your device on? (iOS 6 or iOS7)

Please note: If you have access to another device, you can play your land on that device with your Origin login while we work on resolving this issue.

If you are not experiencing this issue, there are steps you can take to avoid encountering it:

• ·         Before making a purchase make sure you are logged into your iTunes account
  • ·         Confirm that your payment data is up to date in your iTunes

You can access your iTunes account information on device by going to the following:

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>View Apple ID>Payment Information

Message 160 of 835 (10,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Info Request] TSTO Game Crashing After Failed Purchase

★★ Novice

Todays Thanksgiving update did fix the crash issue. Alls well now.. Its been almost a week. Thank you EA for getting down to the problem and fixing it!

For those that are worried about a refund. The email you got about your inapp purchase that apple sent you. There is a link on that email that will let you open a dispute about the purchase. Just explain the problem and say you want to revert the purchase. They will refund the money spent before your crash.

EA can't refund your money because its handled by Apple.

View in thread

Message 741 of 835 (2,394 Views)

All Replies

Game Crashing on load

★ Apprentice

My game crashes instantly on load.  It has been for the past two days.  It let's me login but when I tap to load my city the game crashes.  EA Tech Support provided instructions that did not resolve the issue.  I have reinstalled the game, tried different devices and nothing works.  If my friends try to visit my Springfield the game crashes.  

I need help, I have paid $90 in-game and this is ridiculuous.  

Message 1 of 835 (6,576 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Join the club! A LOT of people seem to be having this problem, but no word from EA. I've not been able to play for over 2 months, and spent over 400 bucks on this game. It's really frustrating...
Message 2 of 835 (6,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
The technical support is worthless. EA , I paid good money for this game and your technical support has done nothing for outside of faqs and vague answers. They even blamed iOS 7 even though the issue occurs on iOS 6 and iOS 5. If the game crashes on login and anytime a friend visits my Springfield, that is not an iOS issue, it is a server side issue. Had technical support looked at my Springfield or tried to visit they would see the issue. Instead, thank you for the runaround. Had I not paid for items I would not care. If this does not get resolved shortly I will be pursuing a refund. Thanks for ruining a game I love EA.
Message 3 of 835 (6,503 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here - if they can't fix it, it's Not worth the Time and money you've spend for it.
Guys, fix your issues, read a Book about customer service and then you've a chance to stay in the App-store and to prevent a **bleep**-storm. Your salary is payed with our Money!
Message 4 of 835 (6,496 Views)

★ Apprentice
Exactly. Class action law suit for anyone who spent money on this game? I'm already in for $300. If the amount is high enough totally, we have a case.
Message 5 of 835 (6,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I put age in ,it crashes and when I open game up,it crashes and won't do anything,deleted it several times and redownloaded and still does it
Message 6 of 835 (6,479 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
There is another thread with 13 pages of people with this same problem about 5-6 pages back and there is nothing being done about this. Ea has no customer service. Questions go unanswered, phones don't work, message boards are ignored. Ea has lost a long time fan because of this. I'll never spend a dime on another ea product.
Message 7 of 835 (6,470 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree good idea. I have so many missing dounuts and I couldn't play this game for over 3 months because of some bug I couldn't log in to play. Add me. Cuzzette
Message 8 of 835 (6,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My game has been so so slow the past 4 days. Also because of that it stalling when I click anything in the game I have lost many dounuts and lots of money and I go to a friends town and I click on 1 ghost and then I can't get the rest of them or the 3 building I could have collected goo from. So mad. Been playing this game for over a year and half the time can't play or missing things. Real money I have spent all gone. I want my missing 20 dounuts back. Add me. Cuzzette
Message 9 of 835 (6,466 Views)