Re: I think I found a slight workaround for the recent Simpsons Babies glitch/bu

by invisiblep169

Original Post

I think I found a slight workaround for the recent Simpsons Babies glitch/bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

this bug seems to be mainly triggered by tapping too many completed character jobs at once. tapping more than ~3-5 characters at once seems to be the main culprit in all of these crashes. your best course is to tap as few characters at a time as you can (try to tap them one at a time whenever possible). if there are too many in one area, move the building/decoration to somewhere isolated and tap it there. after getting those out of the way (and MANY restarts...), i was able to tap the rest of the buildings in my springfield with minimal crashes here and there. i guess the best thing we can do right now is not send characters on jobs. this obviously sucks, since the vast majority of my income comes from character jobs, but it looks like the only course of action right now.

update: disregard what i said about moving buildings around. just place your irs building in storage instead. it makes a HUGE difference.

update 2: it seems that the stonecutter costumes are causing crashes too. just place the characters in storage (you'll actually have to place the building they're associated with into storage) and either place them back in their default costumes or switch to an alternative one. scratch-r tickets are also a guaranteed way to crash the game. very strange...

Message 1 of 9 (2,219 Views)

Re: I think I found a slight workaround for the recent Simpsons Babies glitch/bu

★★★ Novice

can't even get to my IRS building... as soon as I start scrolling it locks up and crashes... without even tapping on ANYTHING.

Message 2 of 9 (2,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ReaperG66 yeah, it's a major pain at first. but if you can manage to chip away at tapping characters, it runs a bit more like normal. the only downside is that you'll have to restart the game a lot, but little by little it'll save your progress. the game still freezes on my phone too, but it works better on bluestacks (android emulator for pc).
Message 3 of 9 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Novice

I finally managed to get my IRS building stored after who knows how many crashes... and it still just crashes. 
I log in, tap on milhouse, go to tap on Maggie... crashes... 
reboot it... milhouse again... go to Maggie... crashes...

It don't seem to be going anywhere for me.

Also, I'm maxed level and only missing about 20 characters from the game... maybe that has something to do with it? I'm almost to the point where I wanna try to just blow up my town...

Message 4 of 9 (1,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

yeah, it'll still crash after storing the irs building. you just have to go painfully slow, tapping one or two characters at a time and waiting for the money/xp to collect. if you go too fast, it'll crash. and if a building is crashing every time you tap it (aka too many characters sent to do jobs there) just bite the bullet and place it in storage. you'll lose out on money/xp, but you can at least continue on in the game.

i doubt your lvl and number of characters is affecting the game. a lot of people are having this problem and it sounds like it might have to do with your android version. i'm also maxed out with hundreds of characters and have only had problems with one other event that was full of glitches as well (can't recall which one it was).

try it out on your pc with the bluestacks app. it runs much more smoothly than on my phone.

Message 5 of 9 (1,930 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@invisiblep169 Thank you for starting this thread and your help, I have also posted your tips on the EA forum and credited you with the information. 

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/247286/possible-help-for-event-until-ea-...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 6 of 9 (1,914 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ReaperG66 hey, dude. if you're still having problems, the game seems to run more stable while it's in building mode. try going to buildings/decorations where your characters were sent to do jobs. place the building/decoration into storage and then place it back into your springfield. this will reset the character jobs and you'll lose out on money/xp, but the game runs a little better after getting the character jobs out of the way. after that, you can collect from your buildings. the game will still randomly crash, but much less often. and if you've got your almighty finger statue ready, use it!
Message 7 of 9 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah... mines' totally hopeless. 

No matter which character I tap on, it crashes on the next character or building I hit. 

...and when I reboot it the first character is still  untapped. 

Also, if it still crashes when I store and unstore a building, then I guess there's no reason for me to blow up my town.

sigh... looks like I'm setting out this event.

Message 8 of 9 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ReaperG66damn. sorry to hear that. are you giving a pause between tapping? you have to wait awhile before tapping the next character. it can take as long as 30 seconds between characters. maybe even more than that. i said this earlier, but try running the game on bluestacks on your pc. the game runs like crap on my phone, but it runs significantly better when i run it on my laptop (it's a gaming laptop, so your laptop/pc might run it differently).

Message 9 of 9 (1,867 Views)