I have accidentally deleted my account

by TimTil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have accidentally deleted my account

★ Novice
So a while back I changed origin accounts And stored all my games on the other account. But my old account I've deleted so I can use my email address on my new one. Only thing is, it's erased my whole tapped out account and I had ALOT on it. I've been playing since it first came out. Does anyone know how I can recover it? Also, I logged in to my origin account on my old iPad 2 so I could retrieve my account off it. Would my iPad local save city be stored on there?
Message 1 of 10 (1,661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I have accidentally deleted my account

like thedribz says, you can not delete a town, unless youve asked EA to remove it for you and they seldom do that.

If I understand correctly, you now have two accounts on the same email. That can get things mixed up and confused.

If you have the Mayham for your old town, Support might be able to restore it for you.

Always take a screencap of your Mayham ID so you have it on file. It can only be accessed within the game otherwise.

Search AHQ for where you can find the Mayham. Type in Mayham ID in the search box and you should find it easily.

Anonymous accounts are stored localy on the specific device you use. That is why you can not transfer it or do a delete/reinstall of Anonymous games.

If your account is connected to origin/EA it will be saved on an outside server, not sure if a copy is stored on the device too but that seems likely?

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Do not call it a bug or a glitch. Report it as a Technical Issue or Account isssue.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,712 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Explain how exactly you were able to 'delete' your account???

From what I can understand, it is impossible to delete an EA account, and EA will never delete your account for you.

If you are still able to log in on your old iPad, you should be able to log in on any other device and be able to access your game, as long as the game is connected to your EA account (which can never be deleted).

We will need more information before we can tell exactly how bad your situation is and whether you will need to talk to EA about this.

Message 2 of 10 (1,654 Views)

like thedribz says, you can not delete a town, unless youve asked EA to remove it for you and they seldom do that.

If I understand correctly, you now have two accounts on the same email. That can get things mixed up and confused.

If you have the Mayham for your old town, Support might be able to restore it for you.

Always take a screencap of your Mayham ID so you have it on file. It can only be accessed within the game otherwise.

Search AHQ for where you can find the Mayham. Type in Mayham ID in the search box and you should find it easily.

Anonymous accounts are stored localy on the specific device you use. That is why you can not transfer it or do a delete/reinstall of Anonymous games.

If your account is connected to origin/EA it will be saved on an outside server, not sure if a copy is stored on the device too but that seems likely?

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Do not call it a bug or a glitch. Report it as a Technical Issue or Account isssue.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 10 (1,713 Views)

★ Novice
I had asked EA to delete my old account
Message 4 of 10 (1,631 Views)

★ Novice
When I asked they said it was fine. Other than that, I've never been able to locate my old account or login. I've called up the support and they keep saying I need proof
Message 5 of 10 (1,627 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you are able to log into your game on your old iPad, then you should be able to get your Mayhem ID.  Click here for a page explaining how to do that.

You will need to contact EA directly, but not by phone.  Instead, click here and follow the prompts.  As Em mentioned above, select "Manage my account" for the topic.  In this case I would then select "Hacked account" for the issue.  Provide as much information as possible, including details of what led you to having this issue.  Be sure to provide your mayhem ID (if you can get it), and any evidence that you have to support your claims (previous emails, screenshots, etc.).

Hopefully EA can help you further, as Em mentioned, this board is provided by EA, but they rarely show up here.  We are a community of players that help each other out as much as possible, but we are limited in what we can do.  Your situation is one that we cannot help with, but we can at least help you get in contact with someone that hopefully can.

Good luck friend...

Message 6 of 10 (1,617 Views)

★ Novice
Ok. Thanks for the information :D
Message 7 of 10 (1,601 Views)

★ Novice
Unfortunately, there is no local data saved anywhere in the iPad. What do I do now? Do I call up ea?
Message 8 of 10 (1,583 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you can call them, then call them.  Otherwise, use the link provided to contact them electronically.  Be sure to explain what happened and provide as much information as you can so that you can get a suitable solution from them.

Good Luck.

Message 9 of 10 (1,576 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @TimTil 

I am really sorry for those troubles with your account. I hope EA Advisors were able to help you. Let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

And thanks to all of our users, who came to help in this thread.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,558 Views)