Re: I don't ever want to see these warnings again... Pls help, teach or advice..

by achebeleu951

Original Post

I don't ever want to see these warnings again... Pls help, teach or advice...

★★★ Newbie

Warning 1. Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing

Warning 2. Some progress made on your other device may be lost.

There is no save button in the game... I have no idea how often the game saves itself or when.... And i play on the only device I have... So today i was logged out (for some unknown reason), and the game dropped to level one, I wasn't very worried and after reading two or three threads here, I knew what to do... But then THIS DAMN WARNING appeared!!!

My heart dropped... And then the second warning popped up saying that I might lose some of my progress... Since it is not I who control or save the game, I feel very upset that there is even a tiniest possibility that I might lose anything... So I ask you veterans and Simpsons Tapped out fans -> what can I do so I never see these warnings again?

Message 1 of 5 (208 Views)

Re: I don't ever want to see these warnings again... Pls help, teach or advice..

Hero (Retired)

LisaMonaS wrote:

Warning 1. Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing

Warning 2. Some progress made on your other device may be lost. Click "Continue" here and your game should load as normal as long as it's showing your Origin ID and current level in the bottom left corner of the splashscreen when you load the game.

There is no save button in the game... I have no idea how often the game saves itself or when.... 
The game normally saves itself when you go to Krustyland or to your friend screen. It also seems to do a good job of saving every time you send a character on to a task.

And i play on the only device I have... So today i was logged out (for some unknown reason), and the game dropped to level one, I wasn't very worried and after reading two or three threads here, I knew what to do... But then THIS DAMN WARNING appeared!!!

My heart dropped... And then the second warning popped up saying that I might lose some of my progress... Since it is not I who control or save the game, I feel very upset that there is even a tiniest possibility that I might lose anything... So I ask you veterans and Simpsons Tapped out fans -> what can I do so I never see these warnings again? No sure-fire 100% way to never see the message again, but bear in mind that if you uninstall/reinstall the app, then the app doesn't seem to recognise that your game is being played on exactly the same device it was before so comes up with the "Your other device didn't save...." message even if you're playing on the exact same device. It's most probable the only thing you're going to lose is the last couple of minutes' progress at the most and even that's unlikely to happen. If ever in doubt, go to Krustyland or your friend screen to force the game to synch (save) on EA's servers.

Message 2 of 5 (202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happened to me yesterday and I'm still so scared to press" Continue" because I don't want to see this again.
Message 3 of 5 (194 Views)

I get this message at least 3 times a week if not more. I am so use to it that it don't even bother me. I personally have never lost anything while doing this. Sorry you are experiencing this. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (185 Views)

★★ Novice

I get that warning reasonably often, but it generally doesn't mean as much as you might think it does. Most of the time you lose no progress, or you only lose whatever progress you made in your last session only (and most likely cos the game crashed before you could have the chance to "save it"). Now on the subject of saving:  whenever you see the game "synchronizing", that's saving your game to the Origin saver, i.e. saving the game to the cloud. Now you MUST use an Origin account with this game, always play logged in, otherwise you will never be sure it is saved.

So yes, you can go ahead and click Continue / Play Now buttons, your losses will be zero or minimal - the warning is just telling you didn't sync last time you played (I know it sounds funny saying "other device" - basically this refers to whatever the last device you used to play last, including the only device you have, hehe..). If you did have two devices and you were playing on both, then you would not continue, but check that one device is synced and game is closed down before playing on the other.

FInal tip: going into Krustyland or going to your friends and back to your Springfield both 'force' a syncronization to happen, i.e. save your game. Also exiting your game properly, i.e. via the "do you wish to leave game?" - "yes" button will normally result in your phone syncing the game after you exit it - watch your data indicator on your phone - you will see the data traffic arrows 'light up' briefly after exiting the game. So never kill the app in task manager after exiting without first allowing it 30sec or so to sync up. Hope that makes sense.

Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)