Re: How to reset progress in The Simpsons Tapped Out

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to reset progress in The Simpsons Tapped Out

★★ Novice

Simple question. How to reset progress in The Simpsons Tapped Out?

Message 1 of 7 (5,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: How to reset progress in The Simpsons Tapped Out

@Fulgorth 

If it is not linked to any account and you delete/reinstall, it will not reset the game - it will create a new game and the old one wil probably be lost (unless you have the Mayham and support can find it that way)

though it has been 4 years, I stand by the original answer

You can not reset your game

You can nuke it and place everything again 

or

Start a new town (new account, new email) 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (3,177 Views)

All Replies

Simple answer, you can't

You can blow up your town and put everything in inventory

You can start another town

But you can not reset your current game to start over

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 7 (5,827 Views)

★★ Novice
@minicha-em I find some other way. It has been a while. BUT when you do not care about your other games on your account and want to just save your gmail address, just change it and create new account with the same address.
Message 3 of 7 (5,614 Views)

@Ispectatort 

creating a new account is one way to "reset" a game but know that if you use the same email for multiple accounts, servers can get confused and loose your games - all of them, not limited to TSTO.

it is better to start a new account with a new email

if you do not care about other games connected to your account, you could ask EA to remove your account and start a new one - I seldom remember this option because I have so many other games connected to Origin/EA 

D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 7 (5,608 Views)

★ Novice

What about a game  not linked to an Account? If you do not link it, it is on your Phone (or whatever platform you play on). deinstallation of the app and reinstallation is then one of the possibilities... is there another? 

Message 5 of 7 (3,190 Views)

@Fulgorth 

If it is not linked to any account and you delete/reinstall, it will not reset the game - it will create a new game and the old one wil probably be lost (unless you have the Mayham and support can find it that way)

though it has been 4 years, I stand by the original answer

You can not reset your game

You can nuke it and place everything again 

or

Start a new town (new account, new email) 

D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 7 (3,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Open TSTO and load your city.

Go to the build menu and tap the settings gear (under the "Get Help" question mark)

Next to "Info" tap the view button

tap Delete next to "Delete Player Account"

then go through all the yes i want to delete etc.

eventually the game reloads DO NOT LOG IN

start playing anonymously

finish the tutorial and exit the game.

Open the game to the login screen and login using your email address

It should say something about your city (i forget its been awhile)

once you fully log in and load the city it should be where you left off after the tutorial AND you will still have all of your friends.

Message 7 of 7 (45 Views)