How to backup/restore to another device - Tapped Out

by petemotz158

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to backup/restore to another device - Tapped Out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

My wife has the Tapped Out on her iPhone.

Just bought her a Nexus 7. How would she backup existing city so we can download to new tablet.

She has over 8 months of construction and would kill me if I lose anything.

Thanks,

Pete

Message 1 of 11 (21,887 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Hi,

Ok.

If that is the case she needs to access her town on her iPhone and set up an account on Origin in order to be able to access it on the new tablet.

I started my Springfield without signing into Origin until I had progressed a few levels so it should be ok for you.

Once she has signed into Origin, follow my instructions to synchronise her town to the EA server and then log into Origin on the new tablet and her Springfield should be there.

Leave a few minutes between setting up the Origin account on the iPhone and logging in on the tablet.

Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (26,963 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
Hi petemotz158,

Everything should save on the EA server but before you try to install the game on your new tablet it would be a good idea to synchronise her game first.

Your wife needs to tap on the Bart/Millhouse icon as if to visit her friends and then tap on the House icon to return to her Springfield.

This will synchronise her game to the EA server.

Make sure your wife has the email address she used with Origin and her password and then install the game on the new tablet.

Make sure the game has all the latest updates and then open the App and log into Origin and hopefully your wife's Springfield should be there, present and correct!

If this doesn't work she can always continue using her iPhone until you can get further advice.

Please let me know how you get on.

Standard smile
Message 2 of 11 (21,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks,

Does she need to be logged in to EA?

When logging in the game is at level1 as no prior sync has been preformed.

Pete

Message 3 of 11 (21,872 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi,

Do you mean on the new tablet?

If so, yes she needs to be logged into Origin for the new device to display the same Springfield from her iPhone.

Standard smile
Message 4 of 11 (21,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

No on her iPhone. To date she has been playing locally. Never has used her login credentials, afraid if I login she may lose the local content.

Seems to sync OK but save current saved game not showing up on the Nexus, starts from beginning

Thanks,

Pete

Message 5 of 11 (21,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

She has been playing anonymously to date.

Can she sync without losing her current status at this time?

She has been making purchases, does this effect anything?

Thanks,

Pete

Message 6 of 11 (21,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Hi,

Ok.

If that is the case she needs to access her town on her iPhone and set up an account on Origin in order to be able to access it on the new tablet.

I started my Springfield without signing into Origin until I had progressed a few levels so it should be ok for you.

Once she has signed into Origin, follow my instructions to synchronise her town to the EA server and then log into Origin on the new tablet and her Springfield should be there.

Leave a few minutes between setting up the Origin account on the iPhone and logging in on the tablet.

Standard smile
Message 7 of 11 (26,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks.

Worked!

Pete

Message 8 of 11 (21,855 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi Pete,

You're welcome.

Standard smile
Message 9 of 11 (21,851 Views)

★ Novice
How can you recover the game to a new phone when your old phone met the sidewalk and died? I did have it registered with Origin, but when I install the game on my new phone (Galaxy S8), I don't see an option to login. I'm forced to start over. I did that up to whichever level allows you to visit neighbors and attempted to sync through connecting to FB, but that would make my NEW town be linked. I have nearly three years progress... Frown
Message 10 of 11 (14,717 Views)