Re: Homer does not start the squidport quest row

by biancaagar211

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Can confirm: Building Moes triggered the quests.

Thank you!

Message 11 of 20 (2,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the Squidport part 1 quest and bought the 2 lands, but since then haven't got another quest for it. (several days later) Could be a bug or something, I keep buying planks of wood but still no quests! I think I might just start putting houses on the pier.

Message 12 of 20 (2,056 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
In my Springfield, I had already finished the squidport part5 (and it shows "done") but Homer doesn't start a new quest. I've Trier to uninstall and install the APP again bit it didn't work. Im level 28 and now I'm building the hospital and saving money to start anothers.
Message 13 of 20 (2,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

**bleep** it, hit wrong button :-). to continue the part 5, tuck in your itchy&scratchy store to your inventory and put it out again. its a glitch, after that the captain should go on with your quest :-)

Message 14 of 20 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Novice

to answer the other wuestion: at part 2 dont buy ANY pieces of land. buy a shore piece of land and a sea piece of land and go on....

Message 15 of 20 (2,655 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It didn't work for me.... Wait I had homer going to church for another quest.... Ok I get it.
Message 16 of 20 (1,492 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem but I am on level 48 and have purchased beach land and have a lot of Boardwalk sections homer will not start the quest Make Homer Swear at the ocean. I also noticed that once I placed the boardwork sections I can not move them or place in inventory.
Message 17 of 20 (676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing has happened to me. I'm at level 28, Moe's has been built. Homer never had the quest to scream at the ocean. I am unable to buy the houseboat and I cant begin any Sqidport quests. All other missions have been completed. I am able to buy boardwalks and beachfronts...what can I do???

Message 18 of 20 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@montanajoe649 wrote:
I am having the same problem but I am on level 48 and have purchased beach land and have a lot of Boardwalk sections homer will not start the quest Make Homer Swear at the ocean. I also noticed that once I placed the boardwork sections I can not move them or place in inventory.

To place boardwalk sections in inventory, from design mode, tap on the section and allow it to become highlighted, then click the box to store it.  If it looks light blue in color, check the buttons on the bottom right to make sure they "eye" is open for water, roads, pavement, etc. as closing this eye also makes boardwalk sections untappable.    Remember that sections that have any objects on them, such as fences, benches, stores, etc. cannot be tapped until the attached item is moved.

Making Homer swear at the ocean requires certain other tasks to be finished first.  They include buying some beach, buying ocean expansion, building or placing the squidport entrance, and then placing the four squidport tiles that come with the entrance. At this point the game should allow you to complete the task (12 hours) of having Homer swear at the ocean.

If you are at this point, but the task is locked, and Homer is free, you could try moving the squidport entrance. (I would tell you to try storing it, but mine won't store.)  If this doesn't work, store four (4) tiles, or build four new ones and don't place any of them until they are all done.  Then, when Homer and Lisa are free, place all four tiles at one time.  Some players reported doing this to unfreeze this task.

Finally, if none of this works, you may need to contact a game adviser.  Here is a good link to use: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 19 of 20 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you the last solution worked since I could not move the boardwalk tiles into inventory I had to create 4 new ones which each took 2 and a half days to create. I just finished the last one and homer is Swearing at the ocean and I now can move the tiles.
Message 20 of 20 (638 Views)