Re: Help

by suecocking16

Original Post

Help

★★ Novice

Hi, I play the Simpson’s tapped out and for around 6 months I have had to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to play the game. I am playing on my iPad. I have deleted most of my other games and apps as I was told previously that it would be memory that I was running out of. I have tried this game on my kindle and it is the same so I now don’t believe it is a space issue. Also it has removed all my friends. About a month ago I got all my friends back and it was loading every time but that lasted only for one week. I am never finishing tasks as it is just too much to have to uninstall and reinstall every 4 hours. 

Any help will be appreciated

thanks 

sue

Message 1 of 6 (621 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, as you mentioned the main reason for the game to keep redownloading (particularly on Apple devices) is not enough free space. Generally speaking, it may need around 5GB free to play. There are other reasons why it could keep redownloading - read the first 3 posts in the following thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@suecocking16 Go to Settings, General, ipad storage. Tell me how much storage is left on your device. What operating system are you on right now? Go to Settings, About and scroll down to Version. Here on that same screen it will also have listed Available after the word Capacity. What is that number? If it keeps deleting, it's way too full or has another issue. Can you give me that requested info. Then I could recommend what you could do.

Message 3 of 6 (595 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for helping, I have 12.3gb my iPad is 16gb. Tapped out is 67.5gb 

sue

Message 4 of 6 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You can't have 67.5 gb for tapped out when the ipad has used 12.3 gb of storage left. So I am not sure what your storage is at.  I know the app uses at least a gb of data the last time I played it and I downloaded it tonight to check. It was up to 834.8 mb, so just under a gb and I haven't did a thing with the game yet. 

Your ipad has 12.3 gb of storage left?  What operating system are you on? The latest one lets you offload apps. I would recommend checking that. (You might have accidentally offloaded tapped out. Go to settings, then itunes &app store. Scroll down and see if you have Offload Unused Apps on. (It will be green.) If it is on then go to settings again and general, and then ipad storage. You should see a list of your apps there. Find Tapped Out and see if Offloading the app is enabled. If it is, toggle it off. You might also want to toggle Offload Unused Apps to see if it was ever on and is glitched or something. 

If your ios is up to date, and you freed up storage, next do a hard reset. Hold down the power button and the home button until the device completely powers down. It should not prompt you to slide to power off. That is not a hard reset. Then load up Tapped Out up and see it it runs better. 

Does your ipad have both cell and wifi service? If it has the ability to run off of cellular data, I would toggle it to that and then wifi and see if it helps. If not, then you can't test that. I also wonder if this could be an issue with your router, which is why I'm suggesting toggling from cellular to wifi.  It wouldn't hurt to reboot your router or modem and see if that could be it. Turn the router or modem off for about 3 minutes and then restart it. Then load Tapped Out and see if it now works. 

Lastly, if there is an update for your ipad, you can try that. You will find that in settings, general, and software update. 

I actually suspected that your ipad was too full but with over 12 gb of storage left, that can't be it. If none of these things work, contact a game advisor again and tell him what you tried from this ea help forum and ask him to escalate your case to tier 2 support, as you think it's an account issue. 

Message 5 of 6 (565 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry it was 67.5mb, will try those things that you have suggested thanks 

Message 6 of 6 (542 Views)