Re: Having trouble loading/updating game on my Kindle

by nolimittsto

Original Post

Having trouble loading/updating game on my Kindle

★★★ Newbie

I haven't logged into Tapped Out on my Kindle Fire in a while. Tonight when I tried, the main screen is from last Christmas. It's telling me I need to update the game, but that if I don't see an update in Amazon marketplace, I'll need to clear the store cache. I don't see an update, bit I don't know how to clear  the store cache. (I've been playing the game on my iPhone, and it works fine there.) Any idea how I get it updated on my Kindle?

Message 1 of 5 (1,138 Views)

How old is your Kindle fire?

How much free space does it have?

If you're game is connected to EA/Origin, have you tried a delete/reinstall of TSTO?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,123 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, there was a thread on the EA forum about Tapped Out on Kindles which suggested that some older devices are no longer supported:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/244956/edit-2nd-gen-kindle-fire-players-...

@EA_Lanna Would you be able to find out which Kindle devices are currently supported for Tapped Out please? This issue comes up occasionally and it would be useful to have the correct information. Thank you. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Kindle is from about 2013. I’m guessing it’s no longer supported, because I’ve tried uninstallling the game, but when I try to reinstall it, I can’t even find it in the Amazon App Store. Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 5 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the link. I think that’s the issue: The device is too old and not supported anymore. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,105 Views)