Halloween 2016 update keeps downloading

by dandykstra

Original Post

Halloween 2016 update keeps downloading

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded and installed the THOH 2016 update, but after I went to another app and came back later, the game prompted me to download and install it again. That's happened every time since then. If I wait for it to download and install, it works fine...until I leave the app. I'm using an iPhone 5S running iOS 10.02. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (252 Views)

Thoh

★★★ Newbie
I installed the latest update for Thoh but apparently after getting out of the game, it keeps telling me to install update again and again! I badly need help for this and the update keeps taking so much time even if I have already progressed in the THOH update
Message 2 of 5 (260 Views)

Re: Halloween 2016 update keeps downloading

★ Guide

Did you guys tried to uninstalled and reinstalled the app after rebooting your phone/tablet? When I have an issue with an app, it's generally what I do and it works. Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)

Re: Halloween 2016 update keeps downloading

Hero (Retired)

The game files are classed as Temporary storage (there's nothing EA can do about that - it's just the way it works).  So if you're short on storage space they'll get dumped.  Try removing some stuff you don't absolutely need to free up some space and see if that fixes the problem.

Some apps "helpfully" clear out your temporary storage files.  Have you installed any new apps lately that might do that?  They're the ones that promise you "Improved Performance" and such.

Message 4 of 5 (216 Views)

Re: Thoh

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @fernandezd443,

If you have an app like Battery doctor it can cause issues like that. Make sure to free some space on your device so the cached files are not deleted after each game session.

Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)