Groundskeeper Wilma's quest: Part 2 shows the same task twice - Can't complete

by HaeCum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Groundskeeper Wilma's quest: Part 2 shows the same task twice - Can't complete

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It’s updated but it added it as a second task, so I have one that says Make Wilma Rake

leaves 0/1 and one says Make Wilma Rake Leaves 1/1 both in Part 2. So I still can’t progress any further than Part 2 - as one of the tasks is stuck at 0/1.

(CM: Split from this thread into new it's own thread and updated thread title)

Message 1 of 30 (2,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: groundskeeper wilma's quest will not allow her to rake leaves

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

Thanks to everyone that reached out to me via DM's and provided examples for escalation.

The team looked into this and noticed a pattern with players running into the duplicate task issue. It seems folks that are seeing duplicate tasks were already at the part 2 stage before the patch release while not owning the Shelbyville Elementary building. Adding the building post patch may do the trick for you.

To help you with this, please get in touch with our support team and have your Mayhem ID handy. Once in contact with EA advisors, let them know you're running into an issue with the Groundskeeper Wilma's task and quest-line following patch 4.48 and you are unable to progress past the "rake leaves" step. Advisors will take a look into it and if all is in line, they'll add the Shelbyville Elementary building. 

This should help you progress past that task. If not, please let us know once more and we'll resume the issue. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 22 of 30 (3,219 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna Hello I don’t know if you saw my reply but part 2 of the quest still isn’t working, as it added it as an additional task so one task is stuck at 0/1 and I can’t progress. 

Message 2 of 30 (2,417 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @HaeCum,

Oh, I missed that. Could you upload a screenshot of what you're seeing please?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 30 (2,413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Lanna 

I’ve attached a screenshot for you, let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you for looking into this!

Message 4 of 30 (2,410 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @HaeCum,

This might be syncing issue. I'd like to run through some troubleshooting steps to see if it helps that align up as intended. Can you share what device you're playing from and I'll gather the relevant guide?

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 30 (2,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem that you have, @HaeCum! Can't go any further atm with her quests.

Message 6 of 30 (2,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Lanna 

I’m playing from an iPhone XR, all updates IOS and Tapped Out have been done.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 30 (2,368 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@deniessm Good to know, thought it might just be my game at first!
Message 8 of 30 (2,364 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @HaeCum

Thanks for sharing that. Standard smile I've sourced the steps for an iOS device. Please try these steps to start one at a time. Feel free to check the app after trying one in case that's done the trick: 

• Try restarting your iPhone or iPad.
  • Clearing your Safari cache can sometimes help. Please follow the steps listed in the Delete history, cache, and cookies section.
  • Reauthorize your Apple ID by downloading a new app from the App Store in case there could be a problem with your Apple ID authorization.
  • Check the Time and date: If these are out of sync with your actual location, they’ll throw off your phone and may cause issues. They’ll need to be corrected. 

• If you’re using a VPN, disable it, then reload or reinstall your app. 

• If the time and date don’t match your actual time zone, update it and see if everything starts working as normal.

Before trying the next step, please ensure your your account is linked up/backed-up. 

If you’re playing anonymously — not logged in to either an EA Account, Facebook, or Game Center — you can lose your game data if you uninstall and reinstall your app. Learn more about linking accounts and how important it is, so you don’t lose your progress and back up your game account before uninstalling or reinstalling your game. 

Once you're ready to move on, Try uninstalling the app from your device and installing it again:

• Touch and hold any app icon on the Home screen until the icons start to shake.
  • Tap the X in the top corner of the app icon.
  • Tap Delete to remove the app — and its data — from your device.
  • Press the Home button.
  • Open the App Store.
  • Search for the app and reinstall it.

Please keep me posted on how that goes for you. 

@deniessm would you also run on iOS? If so, please try the steps I've shared above too. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 9 of 30 (2,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EA_LannaThere is a new problem with this quest line. Now at part 2 there are 2 tasks to rake leaves. One is the new task at Springfield Elementary, but the old task remains, unable to be done.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed That you were already made aware whoops. Standard smile

Message 10 of 30 (2,305 Views)