Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

by Neotency

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

★★ Novice

I recently purchased a Golden Scrtach-R ticket. After following the usual purchase prompts, getting the transaction successful screen and even an instant confirmation of purchase email, my screen went black and crashed to the home screen. Thereafter, I'm no longer able to log into the game whatsoever. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, talking to EA directly, etc, all to no avail (Although they seem willing to refund the whopping $0.99 I spent) My main focus isn't the dollar I may or may not have lost, it's the game itself. I'd really like to play. Has anyone else had an issue like this and found a solution?

Message 1 of 90 (2,966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Hey all, I had the same issue and was able to get this to work. It's not an ideal solution, but it is a solution.

I tried all possible steps before this, so this was the only way I got it working again. Back up your device to iCloud or iTunes first. Then go to Settings -> General -> Erase All Content and Settings. This will reset your device to factory settings. Go through the setup steps and when asked set it up as a New Device. Sign in to iCloud if desired and finish setup. I tried this by restoring from backup, but it did not resolve the problem, so you'll have to set up as new.

Go to the App Store, sign in to your Apple ID again and download the game from your purchase history. When I launched the game, it asked me to confirm my Apple ID password again. I hit cancel. The game then downloaded some updates, asked me for my age, then I signed in to Origin and I was off and running!

I now have to set up my iPad from scratch, but that's no big deal. It got the game working again rather than waiting two weeks for an EA response. Not sure why this was necessary, but for anyone addicted enough to do the work, it should get you working again.

View in thread

Message 41 of 90 (1,918 Views)

All Replies

Re: Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

★★★ Guide

What happens when you try to log in? Instant crash to home screen? Bart's "Unable to Connect to Server" screen? Other message? 

Message 2 of 90 (2,932 Views)

★★ Novice

The game loads up with a regular screen to the point where I get the 'Welcome Back Neotency, Tap to Continue' message at the bottom. Attempting to go any further crashes to black and then my homescreen. 

Message 3 of 90 (2,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done a full uninstall/reinstall of the game. After logging into Origin at the start screen, the game gave me the 'Your Springfield didn't save' sequence of messages. I selected 'play now' and 'continue,' whereupon the game loaded up correctly - Notably to a point just before I attempted to purchase a Golden Scratch-R Ticket.

While this didn't allow me to actually -use- the Scratch-R and I still had to seek out a refund from EA, (I'm hesitant to try and purchase another.) the game is now playable and I'm free to graffiti my wife's buildings again.

I hope this helps anyone else this happens to. Spent around three hours or so fiddling with things and speaking to EA support via email. 

Message 4 of 90 (2,923 Views)

Golden Scratch-R not downloading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently upgraded to a new phone (4S to 5S, both on are current with iOS 7.0.3 ) and when I purchased my first Golden Scratcher with my 5S, I was prompted by iTunes to verify some of my details which took me out of the Tapped Out app & into iTunes. After confirming my details, I closed iTunes & returned to Tapped out but didn't receive the Golden Scratch-R ticket. In the past, when I purchased a Golden Scratch-R and the app crashed, It would appear upon reloading the app. However, this time nothing happened. I tried to go back & purchase another Golden Scratch-R to see what would happen & was prompted with the following message "you've already purchased this In-App purchase but it hasn't been downloaded". After that, it gives me the transaction cancelled prompt about "making a baby cry." But it doesn't prompt me to download the already purchased Golden Scratch-R or anything.

How can I download my already purchased Golden Scratch-R & continue to purchase more? As of right now I can't do either & I buy a lot!

Thanks!

UPDATE

After some time had passed, the Golden Scratch-R appeared after logging in.

Message 5 of 90 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have the same problem after purchase Golden Scrath-R but i have crash on the way when game just starts (Gracie Film, EA and FOX logos) then black screen and back to homescreen. Reinstall and other ur solutions doesn't works... Trying all the ways but still have that problem((

Message 6 of 90 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had this problem to 

Message 7 of 90 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it works if you log in on another device but not on the same device

Message 8 of 90 (2,738 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this exact problem please post if u figure out how to fix it.

Message 9 of 90 (2,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is my exact issue. Please tell me there's a fix for this. Did a full uninstall, restart, then reinstall. Still nothing. Please help.

Message 10 of 90 (2,712 Views)