Re: Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

by benteater

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Golden Scratch-R Ticket Purchase Crashed Game - Now can't even log in or play.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Hey all, I had the same issue and was able to get this to work. It's not an ideal solution, but it is a solution.

I tried all possible steps before this, so this was the only way I got it working again. Back up your device to iCloud or iTunes first. Then go to Settings -> General -> Erase All Content and Settings. This will reset your device to factory settings. Go through the setup steps and when asked set it up as a New Device. Sign in to iCloud if desired and finish setup. I tried this by restoring from backup, but it did not resolve the problem, so you'll have to set up as new.

Go to the App Store, sign in to your Apple ID again and download the game from your purchase history. When I launched the game, it asked me to confirm my Apple ID password again. I hit cancel. The game then downloaded some updates, asked me for my age, then I signed in to Origin and I was off and running!

I now have to set up my iPad from scratch, but that's no big deal. It got the game working again rather than waiting two weeks for an EA response. Not sure why this was necessary, but for anyone addicted enough to do the work, it should get you working again.
Message 41 of 90 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the exact issue I am having and not one thing I have found has worked to fix this issue. Frown

Message 42 of 90 (761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Reinstalling doesn't work for me. I can not even get to the login page.

@xen0s37 wrote:

Reinstalling didn't fix for me.  I don't even get to the "welcome" screen; I get no further than the black Fox/EA Games screen.  I've flagged it up with EA and am waiting for a fix, I hope!

Message 43 of 90 (751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you Benteater. Following your instructions worked for me. I had to work out some kinks on my own end but overall, I am back into the game. Cheers to you sir. 

Message 44 of 90 (1,074 Views)

FIXED!!! Golden Scratcher Crashing Game... FIXED!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Golden-Scratch-R-Ticket-Purchase-Crashed-Game-Now-c...

The answer is post 27 by poster benteater who writes

Hey all, I had the same issue and was able to get this to work. It's not an ideal solution, but it is a solution.

I tried all possible steps before this, so this was the only way I got it working again. Back up your device to iCloud or iTunes first. Then go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Content and Settings. This will reset your device to factory settings. Go through the setup steps and when asked set it up as a New Device. Sign in to iCloud if desired and finish setup. I tried this by restoring from backup, but it did not resolve the problem, so you'll have to set up as new.

Go to the App Store, sign in to your Apple ID again and download the game from your purchase history. When I launched the game, it asked me to confirm my Apple ID password again. I hit cancel. The game then downloaded some updates, asked me for my age, then I signed in to Origin and I was off and running!

I now have to set up my iPad from scratch, but that's no big deal. It got the game working again rather than waiting two weeks for an EA response. Not sure why this was necessary, but for anyone addicted enough to do the work, it should get you working again.

I followed his instructions exactly and I am now back in the game.. You really do have to set up your Phone as new and not restore it from a previous backup.. This somehow keeps the crashed data in the game. When you go into the App Store you only have to go to "Updates" then "Purchased" and install it from there (mine was from my iCloud save but it works regardless) - WHEN YOUR GAME IS INSTALLING UPDATES IT WILL ASK YOU TO TYPE IN YOUR APPLE ID INFORMATION HIT CANCEL - This will make the game install all of the updates, and not crash.. I literally tried everything under the sun to fix this all day today; i uninstalled / reinstalled.. restarted my phone.. loaded a previous backup.. restored to factory settings.. but this is the real deal fix..

Message 45 of 90 (921 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you - this was the fix!

Message 46 of 90 (1,054 Views)

Re: Golden Scratcher Crashed Game FIXED!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

funny enough, I loaded up the game, logged into my Origin account, and it told me that "Previous game did not save" so I hit "Play Now" then "Continue" and my Golden Scratcher Tickets were instantly loaded up and was able to redeem my tickets right there..

EDIT: After installing the game and installing the updates, DO NOT go into iTunes and load up from a Backup... I thought I could do this to prevent going through the App Store and individually selecting all the apps I want, but it just locked my phone and shut it down, and I had to turn it on through DFU Mode (not fun) - Just go through and Select all the apps you want through your Download History - same way you had to redownload the Simpsons Game anyways..

Hope this works for everyone.. thank you again benteater

Message 47 of 90 (918 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That didn't work for me - I've reinstalled about 5 times now, still nothing. Losing my mind! I am addicted
Message 48 of 90 (736 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem my game won't even get to the start screen. It crashes on the Gracie films screen every time. No amount of uninstalling solves the issue and the recent update for iOS hasn't made a difference. I can't even install the thanks giving update. EA SORT THIS OUT! Some players had this problem months ago and it's still going on.
Message 49 of 90 (731 Views)

★★ Novice
This has happend to me, ive done a complete re-install of the game, and still wont open. This is on my ipad
Message 50 of 90 (718 Views)