by Sparagmos84

Original Post

Re: Getting donuts when I haven't purchased any

★ Novice

Thank you for the update

Message 21 of 31 (1,669 Views)

★ Novice

Hi i'm having the same problem as other. I bought a 4.99 bundle of donuts on oct 5, now every 24 hrs I get the same "your purchase was successful" message and extra donuts. I am on a Kindle fire, never used a 3rd party hack. Im concerned I will be charged for the extra donuts I haven't bought. This seems to have been going on since july for others. 

Message 22 of 31 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Novice

Since I've bought the stack of donuts bundle on October 5th, I've gotten the "Your purchase was successful" message" twice. There were no emails indicating there were purchases made.

Message 23 of 31 (1,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Bought the squeaky voiced teen bundle with donuts on the 8th at like 9pm local time, and every 24 hours after that point when I log in I get the same popup, added 120 donuts but no charge appears for them (this even happened this morning when I made extra sure that in app purchases were turned off first, I failed to check that prior to the nighttime 10th visit to my town and purchases were still turned on).

while I am super relieved this bug isn't recharging us for the donuts that we didn't buy, it is still bad for me. I don't like the worry of can I spend donuts (which I had like 367 after the legit purchase, I actually grabbed a screenshot of the buy menu the first time just out of habit) or will this make EA think that I am spending donuts I didn't pay for (and then retroactively charge me for them).

no third party usages or hacks. fire hd 6 (4th generation) fire OS 5.4.01

Message 24 of 31 (1,441 Views)

★ Novice

I bought Shelby Manhattan on 7th October and have been getting the extra donuts (60?) since then. Shelby did have a bonus offer attached to it, so I wasn't worried at first. I've checked my Amazon account and luckily I'm not being charged - I'm also on a Kindle Fire HD 6. I tried logging off and on again but all that happened was it said my progress hadn't been saved (it had) and carried on with the free donuts.

EA - can you confirm if we can use these donuts or are you either going to charge for them or take them away?

Message 25 of 31 (1,419 Views)

★ Novice

I emailed EA games and they said basically the glitch is nothing to do with them and offered me some free donuts for the hassle. Has anyone tried to contact Amazon? I uninstalled then reinstalled the games which intially stopped this happening. But I accidentally tapped on buy a scratch card instead of the free daily kwic e mart one, but then cancelled ( and got the "you made maggie cry" screen) and the free donuts started all over again! I'm nervous that Amazon will try to charge me, even though my account has a 2 step authentication before I can buy in game.

Message 26 of 31 (1,386 Views)

★ Novice

I've never found Amazon Customer Services particularly helpful...

Message 27 of 31 (1,344 Views)

Getting donuts I have not purchased

★★ Newbie

About 6 times now I have received donuts, more than a hundred at a time, with the message "purchase successful" when I have not made a purchase. I have contacted Amazon.co.uk and they assure me that there is no evidence of dont orders being plced. Anyone any ideas?

Message 28 of 31 (1,167 Views)

Re: Getting donuts I have not purchased

Hero (Retired)

Several other players have reported the same issue, have a look at this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Getting-donuts-when-I-haven-t-purchased-any/td-p/6...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 29 of 31 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me also. 

Message 30 of 31 (1,008 Views)