GameIsBroken. CharacterButton,IRS,RailYard,SpringfieldHeights,minigames,FP

by minicha-em

Original Post

Re: Bug: navigate to character

Hero (Retired)

Sorry you are having this bug, contact EA as soon as you can, as their preferred way to solve this is by doing a ‘rollback’ to just before you had the bug. The second link above is a post by a player that has gone through this process of having their town restored. Good luck. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 40 of 180 (925 Views)

Re: Character selection, coins from fountain, tap radius, ...

★★★ Newbie

Hi all. Recently I had a bug where loads of messages flashed onscreen saying I had missed several events from last year but I could still collect items needed to complete. Since then I cannot tap the icon in the top left corner to take me to a character. My tap radius is 3 houses instead of half the screen. My pannini press cooldowns are not working. I have deleted the game and reinstalled but no joy. Also affected a 2nd device that never showed the errors. I copied this from someone  that has the problem as I do.  Mr. Burns money pile is back on level 1. Seems like everything was reset to the beginning. What happened?

Message 41 of 180 (1,328 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cylk2428 You need to contact EA as soon as possible. Read my post above, where I quoted a link to the EA forum - several other players have also been affected by this bug. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 42 of 180 (1,325 Views)

Bugs in update 4.31.5

★ Apprentice

What is going on with this update?  I'm progressing in the "Pass, Puff, Puff Pt. 1" mini-event, but this has a ton of bugs...  this is what I've noticed so far:

1. Game ran though 5+ mini-events when loaded. 
  2. Pie Mania quest in stuck in taskbar (finished during mini-event months/years ago).
  3. Finished-task finder does not work (broken/unresponsive).
  4. Collect income/ IRS radius is small (was maxed-out/IRS building is still gold, but tiny radius).
  5. One Night Stan's no longer builds crosswalks - not even an option.
  6. Tire Fire producing Red Ribbons (why??).
  7. Mr. Burn's money pile small and back to the beginning (was maxed-out).
  8. Rail Yard Bonus Donuts broken (can hand in cogs & widgets without payouts).
  9. Weekly Mystery Box is back(?).
  10. Friend Points at Level 1 and stuck collecting at "1/1" FP (was maxed-out for years).

I'm using Android 6.0.1... I've cleared the cache, deleted app data, logged out, uninstalled, rebooted my phone, re-installed the TSTO app.  Still messed up.

Message 43 of 180 (988 Views)

Re: Bugs in update 4.31.5

Hero (Retired)

Sorry to hear you have this bug. The only way to fix it is to contact EA. Their usual method is to do a ‘rollback’ to just before the bug occurred, so it is best to contact them as soon as possible so you don’t lose too much progress. There is a thread about this on the EA forum, read the post from January 29th by Hobbesisreal. 

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1889528/#Comment_1889528

Good luck.

Message 44 of 180 (1,070 Views)

★ Novice
I have been dealing with the same issue and contacted EA. Did not hear anything since the initial email and when I checked the status of my ticket today it is "closed".
Not sure how this helps if nothing was done. Still have all the problems listed.
Message 45 of 180 (953 Views)

★ Novice
I am having almost the exact same issues as well as having the 'Pie man' tasks have come up and my store has no St Patrick event items or the event button in the game.
I contacted EA and they gave me 25 donuts but didn't do anything to restore my game.
Message 46 of 180 (922 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Contact EA again as soon as possible, the longer it takes the more progress will be lost in your games. 

Message 47 of 180 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. Please, let me know if you will manage the issue.
Message 48 of 180 (874 Views)

TSTO CRITICAL BUG STILL THERE

★ Apprentice

Character find button stops working

IRS tap radius reverts to default

Friend status becomes 1/1

Monorail build system is inactive

Springfield heights system inactive

Old quests activated but can' be completed

On and on and on.

Clearly described on the forums over and over for MONTHS!!!!

Clearing cache, reinstalling, rebooting...all useless.

Installing on a different device is useless.

The problem is Server-side.  Users can not do anything to fix it.

I'very already had it rolled back once.  Actually twice since the first time wasn' far enough.

I just finally got back to where I was and the bug is back.

I am so angry.

Angry.

So incredibly angry.

I don't have the vocabulary to adequately express the rage.

Anyway...How ya doing?  Having a good day?

Any chance you could maybe fix this game?

-Adam

Message 49 of 180 (1,017 Views)