Re: GameIsBroken. CharacterButton,IRS,RailYard,SpringfieldHeights,minigames,FP

by davidzangort

Original Post

Re: Pieman job back, Act 2 items locked, unable to select character icon

★★★★★ Newbie
This has happened to me and it's destroying my game!
Message 141 of 180 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having all of the same problems. Including Act 2 heist craftables now locked after already unlocking.  EA this needs to be fixed.

Message 142 of 180 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm just adding to the list of people with the same problem.

As everyone has noted, a request into EA help, resulted in an offer to rollback the game.  Right now I'm holding off, mainly because:

1. I have other games (non-EA, I might add) that are actually functioning, that I can readily play, and that I can choose to spend money on
  2. EA has a responsibility to fix what it has broken
  3. EA will not take such responsibility unless users like me interact with the in the only terms they understand: taking my money elsewhere

I know it sounds a little cold, but all companies - by design - are motivated only to make money, so the only way to inspire change in organizational culture is for them to understand that I can spend my money elsewhere.  Simple business philosophy, simple economics.

I've stopped playing until they fix the problem.  By halting game play it changes the userbase numbers, which is used to influence their decision to either respond to the reason for the falling numbers, or cease support of the game.

Frankly, at this point, I don't care either way, since a badly working and "not-fun" game is the same as no game at all (maybe even worse).  This game is for enjoyment, and if I can't enjoy it, I'll find something else to entertain me.

I know: I'm but a single player.  But like voting, social activism, or insurrection, one person compounded by the like minds of thousands of others can make a difference.

Your move, EA.

Message 143 of 180 (706 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
We are in the same boat... same issues in my game tio.
Message 144 of 180 (643 Views)

★★ Novice
It looks a growing number of us are coming here for answers. Does anyone have a recent update from each on our broken game?
Message 145 of 180 (628 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There are many, many more players that have posted about this glitch on the EA forum. If anyone is interested, you can read these threads:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219503/character-finder-irs-railyard-hei...

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/218572/eta-on-glitch-fix/p1

The main thread where players have posted, now up to 25 PAGES LONG:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 146 of 180 (620 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gonna try something new.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Follow the link.

Complain

Hope for success

Message 147 of 180 (591 Views)

Game file corrupted

★★★ Newbie

Back on April 16 I went to continue along with my Heist Quest when the game displayed the old daily task menu then I started getting old event notification popping.up.  I switched over from my tablet to the phone and it was the same thing.  I also noticed that when I tapped on building or characters the circle of effect that my IRS building that I had maxed out was lessened.  I called EA and they said this was a known issue.  If they rolled back my account it would eventually happen again and might corrupt my game file.  They said this is something that the developers are working on and will be putting out a patch.  I have seen no updates.  The updates to my ticket give no ETA for the update and just say to "Check the forums for updates".  Its almost a week know since this happened.  I'm getting disheartened by the brushoff by EA and I haven't seen anything like this in the forums either.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 148 of 180 (583 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have nearly every issue that you have mentioned in your post including all my Springfield height characters resetting. Has there still not been a solution.
Message 149 of 180 (579 Views)

Re: tapped out bugs report!!!!

★★★★★ Novice

Don't hold your breath!  My game has been broken for over three weeks and they don't seem to care about it at all.  They only offer to roll back the game to before the issue began.  If I do that I'll lose all the progress made since -- including the recent events and everything that goes with them.  If you've only been bugged for a few days, do the rollback NOW!  The longer you wait, the more stuff you'll lose!

Message 150 of 180 (551 Views)