Game will not start up

by mdaguerre593

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game will not start up

★★ Novice

When I click on the game logo (Kindle Fire), it begins the usual process of loading but when "Synchronizing" hits the screen, it seems to freeze and then pops me back to my home carousel with the apps and such on it.

Message 1 of 8 (1,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game will not start up

If you are connected with an EA account your progress will be saved on an outside server

This means you can delete/reinstall or transfer your game to another device without loosing progress (just log in)

It is only if you play Anonymously or if youre only connected via FB that a delete/reinstall can get your game lost

If you regularly play the same town on different devices, it is recommended that you log out of one device before logging in on your other device.

Always screen cap your Mayham ID, and keep it safe, in case your town gets lost or if youre locked out

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/where-is-my-mayhem-id/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,056 Views)

All Replies

Hi Friend,

Sorry to hear. Have you tried hard closing the app and restarting your device? That's always the best step to take first. Try that and then let us know what happens. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 2 of 8 (1,001 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the response. I don't know how to hard close the app. Does it have to be open to do it? Here's the long, boring road to how I got here. I opened the app and it began a download. After a moment, it told me I needed to clear some memory. I did that and opened the app again. It had apparently signed me out, so when I went back to the game, it gave me the opening sequence of Homer blowing up Springfield. It wasn't asking me to sign in but I did figure out how to do it (had to reset my password). So I tried to open it again. It seems to have accepted my new password but now it will not open. It tries, but it stalls at "Synchronizing". 

Message 3 of 8 (990 Views)

I use An iPhone. To hard close just swipe it away while it’s open.

I don’t understand why it asked you for a new password. How much free space do you have on the device? And what update where you downloading. The new event is on its 30th day. Were you not playing for awhile? I think you need 1.5 free gigs of space for the updates.

Word of advice when you are updating your game and it gives you the option to continue playing while the update loads in the background never do that always wait for the download to finish. That can lead to problems.

John
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 4 of 8 (977 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I may have hit the "play while download finishes" button before this problem started. Will not do that again. When I was prompted to create more memory, I did so. But when I re-opened the game, it treated me like a new player. I couldn't log in, so I changed my password and the game started the download again. When it finished, I tried to open it and it stalled at "Synchronizing". And there I sit. I'm on a Kindle Fire. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Message 5 of 8 (962 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, and I believe the download was for Act III of the current episode (Italy, England and whatever is next).

Message 6 of 8 (961 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you happen to know whether it would be a good idea to uninstall and re-install the game. I'm afraid I'll lose all my progress and have to start over.

Message 7 of 8 (931 Views)

If you are connected with an EA account your progress will be saved on an outside server

This means you can delete/reinstall or transfer your game to another device without loosing progress (just log in)

It is only if you play Anonymously or if youre only connected via FB that a delete/reinstall can get your game lost

If you regularly play the same town on different devices, it is recommended that you log out of one device before logging in on your other device.

Always screen cap your Mayham ID, and keep it safe, in case your town gets lost or if youre locked out

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/where-is-my-mayhem-id/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 8 (1,057 Views)