Re: Game quits when visiting another Springfield

by wadebear

Original Post

Game quits when visiting another Springfield

★★★ Newbie

Any time I try to visit a friend's Springfield the game will quit.  If I do manage to get to another Springfield I can usually clear out the 3 bandits but when I attempt to go to the next Springfield the game will quit again.  I find it interesting that this issue began after the General Store issue was fixed.  Any one else having this issue?

Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this sort of problem on occasion as well. I can usually get to about twenty neighbors before my iPad abruptly returns to the home screen. It's actually been kind of an ongoing issue with my game for years, but it has become a much more regular occurrence this event.

Message 2 of 4 (164 Views)

Re : Game quits when visiting another Springfield

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jasonkrush469,

If you notice that the crash occurs when visiting a specific friend, the issue might be with your friend's Springfield. 

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Since you've got a EA/Origin ID (couldn't have friends without one):

Try a clean re-install.

Close the game.  Pull up the App Manager and swipe the game away.  Open Settings on your device, go to Apps, clear the cache (if applicable), and un-install the app.  Turn off your device and wait 10 to 15 seconds.  Restart and install the app.  DO NOT touch the screen other than to enter your age and accept the license agreement until ALL the updates have finished downloading.

If that doesn't work...

You may need other neighbors.  I had several neighbors that would cause my game to crash almost every time I entered their towns.  I dropped them.  You can always find more.

If that doesn't do the trick...

Contact Customer Support. When setting up the case select "Technical support" as your Topic, then "Game performance" as your Issue.

Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)