Game frozen and playing harp sound? Read this

by samvlamis

Original Post

Re: Game frozen and playing harp sound? Read this

★★★★ Novice
Been way over a week now for me... Please ea hurry up!
Message 21 of 663 (2,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The sent me an email 5 days ago tellin me to delete the app the reinstall it also to reset my phone they said if it didn't work email them back an of course it didn't bloody work so I sent them an email back an still 11 days later no reply an no game!!! It's a joke! My partners works completely fine!
Message 22 of 663 (2,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem!  I hope thaey fix this soon.  I certainly will not be able to complete all the Valentines Quests.

Message 23 of 663 (2,878 Views)

★★★ Novice
11days and counting. That's a lot of in game money and Xp I am missing out on
Message 24 of 663 (2,830 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm with you guys ever since day 1 of this v day update has left me locked out if my game. I log in to origin and tap to continue then bang frozen with harp sound. I've lost out on money zip and all the special stuff. This is a disgrace. EA please help us out !!
Message 25 of 663 (2,823 Views)

★★★ Novice

I suggest everyone contact Apple as well as for people who have made in-app purchases it becomes Apple’s as much as EA games responsibility to ensure this gets fixed.

Link to contact apple:http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

What I sent them:

This is regarding The Simpsons Tapped out game.

Before you send me a response to send an email or contact EA, please read this fully.

Myself and several other users of this very popular game have experienced a sharp harping sound and are unable to log into the game for several days (personally 14 days now). I have contacted EA, looked up their help forums and even reset my ipad to factory settings without any help.

This is extremely ridiculous. Especially for players who have bought donuts repetitively and spent hundreds of dollars on this game. At this stage it becomes Apples as much as EAs responsibility to do something about this. If this is not fixed within the next couple of days I will be seeking a refund for all the in-app purchases I have made.

Please note: DO NOT SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING CONTACT EA !

I have tried all the recommended things EA says, nothing works. I have even reset my ipad to factory settings, still nothing! Outrageous is an understatement. I have tried all avenues of contacting EA all give the same unhelpful regurgitated blurb.

Message 26 of 663 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good idea about contacting Apple - I'm going to do that right now.  It's been 2 weeks for me now and I actually blew $20 on the in-game purchases.

Message 27 of 663 (2,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive had this problem for 6 Days now. It is ridiculous that EA is not fixing this ASAP.

This is the first message they sent me.....

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you are disappointed as the game is not working for you, but believe it was not our intention.

I have searched our knowledge base and found it to be known issue. The problem has been forwarded to the concerned department for faster resolution. Hopefully, a patch will be introduce to rectify the problem. You can find the thread of the conversation at the below-mentioned link:

Game frozen and playing harp sound?
[url]http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Game-frozen-and-playing-harp-sound-Read-this/m-p/45...
[/url]
I truly appreciate your understanding and co-operation regarding the matter.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I will be glad to help you out.

We look forward for your reply. You may also access our online knowledgebase on: http://help.ea.com/

Sincerely,
Arup
Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience

This is what they said when I Asked How long I should expct to wait.....

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would really wish that I could provide you the exact time when the problem will be fixed or when the patch will be released. But, I am afraid that we do not have any such information.

However, the concerned department is working on it. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon. It is sad that we do not have any ETA (Estimated time of Arrival) for it.

I truly appreciate your understanding and patience regarding the matter.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I will be glad to help you out.

We look forward for your reply.
Sincerely,
Arup
Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU HAVE SPENT  ACTUAL MONEY ON THIS BUGGY GAME

Get any money spent on this game back ASAP from iTunes complaint Dept.

Click on Purchase and Billing

iTunes Complaints

Then type in that his game is not working and you expect a refund of ALL Fund paid towards this app that does not work.

Message 28 of 663 (2,632 Views)

★ Novice

new over the air update. fixes ths issue

Message 29 of 663 (2,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice
How do u do the over the air update? It's not giving me the option
Message 30 of 663 (2,457 Views)