Game download every login

by bs182411

Original Post

Rif.: Constant Updates & Terrible Support

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pie1982There have been several updates recently, due to some bugs, but they are not total, that is, it is never required to re-download everything!
So evaluate well what is normal and what is not .. surely there is some problem and surely if I know something new I will inform you.
I leave you a link on a discussion (old, but useful) about this old, but still current problem of some devices (mine never allowed itself to arbitrarily delete my app data, but it knows it would end badly .. Bafan forgives , but he can't stand it!)
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 11 of 32 (879 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bafanc Thank you, and I do all of the things in that article and it just keeps happening. I guess at this point since EA is of zero help either I live with it or I just delete the game and stop playing.
Message 12 of 32 (866 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pie1982No come on! Surrender is never the answer, or hardly ever (I admit it can sometimes be a way out). The message I want to leave you is that if you have to look for a solution to the problem it is not on EA's side; it is not the game that is SELF-CANCELING. This makes no sense. The reason the game gets pulled in the middle by the device is that it takes up a lot of space; can easily reach 3 gigabytes of data! ..but it will never be the app that deletes itself! In fact, in the EA FAQ on this problem, the references all point to the APPLE site.
Look here, under "continue downloads": https://help.ea.com/it/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

unfortunately I don't have Apple and I have no direct experience with these devices, so I can help you relatively little! I'm sorry

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 13 of 32 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

Not your fault, I appreciate the help, it is funny this is the only game I have issues with everything else I play has no problem running, one of my games takes up 12GB of space.

I have talked to Apple and they point me back to the app itself, say the only thing they can suggest to to reinstall.

Message 14 of 32 (853 Views)

Constant Downloading

★★ Novice
Spoiler
Constant Downloading

Constant Downloading.

I am constantly having to re download the game, all 2.9Gb, every time I access the game.

Has been an issue since IoS 15.x. I also have to log in every time, waiting for the auth code, and sometimes have to repeat that process AFTER the game downloads again.

Message 15 of 32 (762 Views)

Rif.: Constant Downloading

Hero
@Sumdood2469 Technically this issue is device-related and not app-related.
The causes of the continuous dowlonads are to be found in the deletion, by the operating system of your device, of the DATA of the app which must re-download them when reopened.
Why this?
The causes can be multiple and combined, but they can be summarized as follows:
- YOU HAVE LITTLE FREE SPACE
- THE AUTOMATIC CLEANING FEATURE IS ACTIVE
I leave you a link; read under "The app constantly downloads updates":
https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Lately this type of problem is affecting many users with iOS and with bitterness I must say that the solutions proposed, once successful, now seem to have no positive effects; iOS has put this app in its sights and it doesn't want to stop deleting its data. I hope this is not your case and that you solve it!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 16 of 32 (744 Views)

Community Manager

@bs182411 , @hadilmans20 , @z5ln1pmor01r 

Are you all on IOS as well? If so, can you share what OS version you're on please?

EACade
Message 17 of 32 (736 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade I have iPad Pro with iOS 15.2, but this happens with 15.1 too
Message 18 of 32 (635 Views)

Problem iPad Pro iOS 15.2

★★★ Newbie

: Same problem! iPad Pro  iOS 15.2 

i have a problem several Times a Day i always download the space update i have so much just that it si translated with 

Message 19 of 32 (585 Views)

Rif.: Constant Downloading

★★ Novice

I have done all the troubleshooting and then some.

I did notice recently that it occurs every time there is a blip of an update.

Last download (update) was maybe 20Mb, then the game did exactly what everyone here is complaining about. 

I have other apps that take more space, and don't suffer this issue at all.

My STFC game updates on the regular when loading...and occupies WAY more space.

I am going to point the finger in both directions, as I also play in bluestacks with absolutely no issues with updates or having to redownload the entire game just to tap for 5 min.

Message 20 of 32 (556 Views)