Rif.: Constant Updates & Terrible Support

by Bafanc

Original Post

Game download every login

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Login / download issue.  For the past 4 months, Ive been requesting resolution on this matter with no results.  I hope someone can help.  Every day when I login into play game, I have to enter my age, retrieve a code to proceed and then wait for the game to down load 2900MB of data at each login.  This whole process is done 3-4 times a day.  Does anyone have a resolution?  Ive checked to make sure my game is not on the cloud and Ive removed game and re-downloaded and still no fix.

Message 1 of 32 (1,119 Views)

Rif.: Game download every login

Hero
@bs182411 These problems are due to the fact that your device deletes the data of the app, which is forced to re-download them every time!
Why does he do it?
Some devices do this because they have an automatic cleaning feature activated, with the aim of maintaining high performance and the solution is to disable this function or to enter the function settings and make sure to put the game in the list of those to be do not cancel.
Another reason is the lack of space on the device; if there is little space, the phone will delete the app data at the end of the game. To solve you have to free up some space, deleting caches, apps, documents, photos and videos that you don't use.
If you tell me the brand of the device I could help you in looking for the automatic cleaning option.
I leave you a link for APPLE devices (read point 5 - The app constantly downloads updates) https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 32 (1,110 Views)

Uploading problem

★★★ Newbie

when i open the game it’s uploading every time with 1500 mb size , it’s taking a long time to finsh I can’t play ): 

Message 3 of 32 (1,091 Views)

Constant updates

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone else have the problem of the game doing a big download every time they open the app? It’ll do it multiple times in a day

Message 4 of 32 (1,077 Views)

Rif.: Constant updates

Hero
@z5ln1pmor01r These problems are due to the fact that your device deletes the data of the app, which is forced to re-download them every time!
Why does he do it?
Some devices do this because they have an automatic cleaning feature activated, with the aim of maintaining high performance and the solution is to disable this function or to enter the function settings and make sure to put the game in the list of those to be do not cancel.
Another reason is the lack of space on the device; if there is little space, the phone will delete the app data at the end of the game. To solve you have to free up some space, deleting caches, apps, documents, photos and videos that you don't use.
If you tell me the brand of the device I could help you in looking for the automatic cleaning option.
I leave you a link for APPLE devices (read point 5 - The app constantly downloads updates) https://help.ea.com/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 5 of 32 (1,048 Views)

Constant Updates & Terrible Support

★★ Novice

My game has been having to download the 1.5GB updates every couple of days for a few months now.

I have contacted support over and over again and get the same link to the same troubleshooting steps that never work.

I have about 9GB of free space on my phone, the troubleshooting doesn't work. Every time I put in a ticket I get a new person that tells me to do the same things I have done 15 times over. Nothing actually get fixed and I am certain that they don't ever read my responses.

The latest information I got is that the updates get sent out to patch the game and I should just download the update.. Seriously they patch it 3-4 times a week?!?!?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 6 of 32 (1,100 Views)

Hero

@Pie1982 

I understand your anger and disappointment, but unfortunately the problem you highlighted is not related to the app, but is related to your device which, for any reason at this moment unknown to me, deletes the game data; for this reason every time you open the app you have to re-download everything.
Why this?
Sometimes they do it because there is little space on the device and automatically, to avoid blockages, it frees up space; in this case what a user can do is free up the space, cleaning the browser cache, deleting apps that he does not use, and also unnecessary photos, videos, documents.
Another reason is the presence of some cleaning programs. Many latest generation devices incorporate one. These programs periodically delete APP data, among other things. The solution is to disable these features or, if possible, turn off data cleanup for the game app in question.

You said you have 9Gb; technically they might be enough, unless the device is bluffing.
What brand is your device?
Apple has this feature "Offload unused app"  that takes care of deleting data to make space ...

ios15-iphone12-pro-settings-general-iphone-storage.png

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 7 of 32 (1,090 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done all of those things before multiple times.

I have an iPhone XR.

Message 8 of 32 (1,074 Views)

Hero

@Pie1982 

Clear history from Safari and Spotify if you use them and clear off everything you can.

IOS lies about how much free space you have. IOS needs at least 10Gb free or 10% of the total.

Make sure offload apps is disabled 

It may download one more time and be good until you have space issues again. Do not try to play while it downloads

I am not an employee of EA. I am just another player trying to help.
Message 9 of 32 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice

I have cleared everything from Safari and I don't use Spotify. Everything that I can clear out I have. My phone is 64GB of storage so I do have more than 10% of free space.

The offload apps is not turned on, I will try to download the update again.

I appreciate the help.

Message 10 of 32 (1,044 Views)