Game crashes when I try to use items in inventory

by carawarmie

Original Post

Game crashes when I try to use items in inventory

★★★ Newbie

Whenever  open my inventory, it either crashes after being open for a few seconds OR lets me pick an item, drag it, then when I click the tick to place the item, the game then crashes.

Does anyone else have this issue and how do I fix it? It's happening on both my iPad and iPhone. I've tried deleting the app multiple times on both of these devices but it keeps happening.

Message 1 of 5 (668 Views)

Re: Game crashes when I try to use items in inventory

Champion (Retired)

Did you ever get a warning about how many items are in your Springfield?  This almost sounds like you are running out of memory.

What happens if you store a bunch of trees or shrubs, can you then use an item?

Is it only one particular item, or any item that is stored?

What happens if you try to use an item from storage in your Krustyland?

I'm assuming that your game is tied to Origin -- if not, it really should be.

When you've deleted the app, did you also clear the cache?

This forum is for players to help other players, but since we don't have access to your account, you may need to speak with an EA game adviser to resolve this issue. Here is a good link to use: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 2 of 5 (658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey thank you for the reply, I tried the things you suggested but it's still crashing whenever I go onto my inventory Frown I'll contact EA. Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 5 (655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i tap on the storage, it waits for a couple of seconds then the game crashes.

I can buy new things. I was able to access stored Decorations (by upgrading a springfield heights building) and move them out of storage.  However, when I press the back button in the top left corner of the Decorations menu, the game crashes.

I have cleared the app storage and re-installed the game but it makes no difference.  

It first crashed when I upgraded a Modern Mansion to level 5 but decided to store the new parts rather than placing them. I have since placed the stored parts, after upgrading another building. However, the game still crashes if I try and access the storage box or go back from the Decorations storage.

I am on an Android tablet.

Message 4 of 5 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, when I tried to open my inventory the game crash, close... I tried open the inventory in Krustyland, still the same problem. Maybe it's related to memory issues and amount of items stored in the inventory... Because I stored Maggie and the only way to bring it back was doing a quest and the inventory open with some characters stored nothing else (no stuff, no items).

Message 5 of 5 (514 Views)