Re: Game crashes before it opens.

by MrAlanS

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Not a user fault I can't get into my log on account or my other account on iphone
Message 41 of 1,040 (3,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just got an email saying my case was being closed to keep it out of a floating status??? I guess I have to reopen it if the problem doesn't fix itself in a few days. Strange....

Message 42 of 1,040 (3,330 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seems to only be affecting certain Origin IDs. I normally play my main game on a Samsung GS4 phone and my b game on a Kindle Fire HD 7. My b game opens just fine on both devices while my main game crashes every single time on both devices. Another symptom I’ve noticed is my profile pic (in the login/logout box) at the bottom left-hand corner of the splash screen shows up normally in my b game but I only get the white Bart silhouette in my main game.

Message 43 of 1,040 (3,319 Views)

★★★ Novice
I get my picture and I can sign in and out on both devices iPad mini and iPhone but game will not open
Message 44 of 1,040 (3,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Both my a and b games crash after the sign in screen, this happens once in a while if I have too many apps running in the background but this time there's nothing running be ides the game it self. I haven't tried to get ahold of ea yet but If it continues I'll have to do something! I'm running the latest ISO on a I phone 5s btw
Message 45 of 1,040 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Worked fine for me 12 hours ago, now the game crashes the moment I tap to load my town. Closed the program and reopened--still crashes. Restarted my iPhone 6, and still crashes.
Message 50 of 1,040 (3,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too
Message 55 of 1,040 (3,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Device:  iPad mini

Me too! (or three, or 33 at this point -seems a fairly prevalent problem).  I'm 99% sure this is ID/sign-in related.  I play two separate towns (A and B), with (obviously) two completely different email/sign-in accounts.  My B-town works fine since the most recent update (removal of presents/feds, etc.).  My larger A-town appears to log-in fine ("tap to continue" and even the "warning" and "play anyway?" screens), then crashes back out to the home screen.

I have tried every trouble-shooting method I know:  closing app and logging back in, closing app and shutting down/rebooting device, and even performing a clean reinstall of the game app - all to no avail.  I hope EA can figure out the problem/find a solution quickly - if not, coal in their stockings by the ton!

Message 57 of 1,040 (3,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here, definitely seems account related, the wife can log in fine on either of my devices, I can't get into the game on any device at all!
Message 60 of 1,040 (3,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too !!!!
Message 62 of 1,040 (3,206 Views)