Flickering

by himmlisch_drache

Original Post

Flickering

★★★ Newbie

More and more often I find as a scroll around the screen displaying my city that buildings flicker in and out even before they near the edge. I restart the app, and I restart my iPad to see if that fixes it. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. Other times I come into the app and this does not happen at all.

Message 1 of 10 (658 Views)

Rif.: Flickering

Hero
@himmlisch_drache over time, the game becomes heavier and more demanding to manage, especially for older or too full devices. For this the development team recommends (and after a certain number, MANDATORY) to keep the number of objects in the field under a certain number. You can try to clear the browser cache or free up some disk space, perhaps by deleting some app that is always active.
Clearing your Safari cache will help with certain games. Follow the steps listed in the Delete history, cache, and cookies section.
- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 10 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why would Safari have anything to do with the Simpsons game app?  I should have posted that I am using an M1 IPad with 2TB that’s nowhere near full. I also play on my iPhone 12 with 512GB but it never has the issue.

Message 3 of 10 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Safari caches can get big and take up space that you may need and IOS does not properly tell you how much space you really have. Space issue are the main cause of these problems so it is best to just do the procedures suggested and see if it helps

This issue is mainly cause by the tall buildings and there really isn't a fix. When you get far enough from the base of a tall building it will blink out. Maybe put them on the edges of your town if it is bothersome.

Message 4 of 10 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@himmlisch_drachemy advice was generic because I don't know your situation. You did not say in your message which model or situation it is in. Unfortunately I don't have a magic wand. Those described by you are defects of graphic composition; your device is probably busy doing too many things at the moment. Keep in mind that many apps are running in the background, stealing RAM and computing power from your device. Now, I'm here, and I don't know anything about your device, except the brand, and my purpose, purely VOLUNTEER, is to help you discover the cause of the problem, so forgive me if my advice may seem inappropriate or unsuitable to your particular case

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 5 of 10 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have seen that with tall buildings, but this happens with all buildings.  I did clear my cache to no affect, but still fail to see how safari affects the game app.  They are two separate apps. As for memory, that is not an issue at all with the M1 iPad.

Message 6 of 10 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am quite sure the simpsons game is not a load at all for the M1 iPad. I suspect it’s another glitch in the game. It’s interesting that I see this on the iPad but not the less powerful and with 1/4 (only 512 GB) memory iPhone.

Message 7 of 10 (572 Views)

@himmlisch_drache wrote:

It’s interesting that I see this on the iPad but not the less powerful and with 1/4 (only 512 GB) memory iPhone.

My guess is that your iPad have less RAM than your iPhone

as to your issue, I'll leave that to Bafanc and 11EEvey 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 10 (551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, the iPad has almost three times the RAM, but thanks for replying.

Message 9 of 10 (534 Views)

My bad, I'm used to Apple products lacking in RAM

and I hadn't read up on the M1, that one can rival Androids

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 10 of 10 (519 Views)