Re: Error with duplicated building

by Darold034

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error with duplicated building

★★★ Newbie

One of the buildings from the new event got duplicated out of nowhere in my city and I can't make it go away. It's the one where you do the missions to get the crownless jewels. It just appeared there in the middle of my city one day but the original one was still in it's place, and with this other one you can't do missions or anything, just move it around. Has this happened to anyone? It's just there taking a lot of place and is really anoying. Any way to make it go away on my own?

Message 1 of 10 (1,932 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Update.
Solved it! (At least for me).
Randomly; I clicked on the (non duplicate) Tower or Springfield and played the act three finale video.
On closing; the duplicate tower was there, then immediately disappeared!

After having that dang thing take up space for over a year!

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,373 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I have read about one other player on the EA forum who also has the same issue, in the post dated April 20th.

adparker3179 wrote: having the same issue with Comic Book Guy as well. Plus another newer glitch: A copy of the Tower of Springfield appeared over the top of the school. It can't be clicked on normally, but can be moved in that mode, but not sold or stored, nor does it have a "bonus area around it. Annoying!

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/217984/comic-book-guy-can-not-be-selecte...

Normally event task buildings cannot be stored until after the event. You could either contact EA now, or wait until the event is over to see if you could store the extra building then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 10 (1,851 Views)

Springfield’s tower buildings

★★★ Newbie

Simpson tapped out game I have three tower of Springfield  building another appears  the same place 

Message 3 of 10 (1,812 Views)

Re: Springfield’s tower buildings

Hero (Retired)

I have read of two other players that have the same issue, one posted on the EA forum, the other on this site in the following thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Error-with-duplicated-building/m-p/6759938#M126273

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 4 of 10 (1,797 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's right, as Muhsterino said, I have tehexact same problem. It first appeared overlapping the school, and now acts exactly as you describe. Very annoying given the limits of available space.

Message 5 of 10 (1,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did anybody figure how to get rid of them
Message 6 of 10 (1,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

No. Mine is still taking up space (I stuck it on the water).

Message 7 of 10 (1,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I, too, have an extra Tower of Springfield (actually three total; more info follows).  After the event I found that I could store the real one away, but any dups, no.  I thought I would move the duplicate, but it made *another* building when I released the drag (errrr).  I opened a ticket, but you know the results ("Closed", no feedback).  The duplicates do not cause any other problems other than cosmetic for me.  My monorail goes through one of them... yuck.

Message 8 of 10 (1,611 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The event has long been over and I still cannot sell or store the extra "unique" buildings.  As I had posted in May, EA closed my ticket and the bug still ensues.  I did get to move the two extra buildings far, far away without them spawning another copy at least.  Sad, EA, just sad.

Message 9 of 10 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Update.
Solved it! (At least for me).
Randomly; I clicked on the (non duplicate) Tower or Springfield and played the act three finale video.
On closing; the duplicate tower was there, then immediately disappeared!

After having that dang thing take up space for over a year!

Message 10 of 10 (1,374 Views)