Email suddenly invalid.

by jasonlbarker

Original Post

Email suddenly invalid.

★ Novice
Last Wednesday morning I was playing Tapped Out and reached 110+ levels and getting the Toothchipper finally built when all of a sudden, I was logged out and not able to log on back into due to invalid or out of date credentials.

I've had to use another email address to compose this message but obviously want to start using my old email address attached to my saved game. I still get updates from my original game and my original Origin ID is still taken as sonnyjbarker.

My original email for Tapped Out is [edit: email address removed]. Please help.
Message 1 of 7 (373 Views)

Re: Email suddenly invalid.

Hero (Retired)

The first thing I would try is:

Pull up your App Manager and swipe the game away.  Swipe away all other open apps as well, just in case.

Turn off your device.

Turn off your modem, router, and all other internet hardware.  Wait 15 seconds.  Turn your internet hardware back on, starting with the modem, and wait for them to boot up.

Turn on your device.  Start the game. Try to log in making sure you spell your email address correctly.

If that doesn't fix it...

Repeat the above, but before you turn off your device un-install the app.  After you turn the device back on re-install the app, start it, then DO NOT touch the screen other than to enter your age and agree to the license until ALL the updates have finished installing.

If THAT doesn't fix it...

You shoud contact Customer Support. When setting up the case select "Technical support" as your Topic and select your Platform, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit Contact Us..

Message 2 of 7 (360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If the game is saying that the credentials are invalid, you should head over to EA.com and reset your password, to do so just follow these steps:

• Click here to go to EA.com
  • Try to log into your account using the email address that you want to use (you will get the same error)
  • You should find a link to reset password (it could be "Forgot Password")
  • Make sure you enter your email address correctly
  • Check your email inbox for the email containing the reset password link
  • Follow the link, set a new password

As long as you do this you should be able to log back in without loosing any progress.

Message 3 of 7 (348 Views)

★ Novice
I've tried all the above and still get the Invalid Email prompt and when I want to get a new password, I get no email anywhere. I've spent quite a bit of cash on some of the buildings, jobs and characters and just want to get back to playing my game.

I had to use an old email address just to compose these messages.
Message 4 of 7 (337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jasonlbarker wrote:
I've tried all the above and still get the Invalid Email prompt and when I want to get a new password, I get no email anywhere. I've spent quite a bit of cash on some of the buildings, jobs and characters and just want to get back to playing my game.

I had to use an old email address just to compose these messages.

If you have followed the instructions I provided but have not received an email, there could be a technical fault.  Please follow these new instructions:

• Double check your inbox (sometimes the email will take a few minutes to come through)
  • Check your SPAM folder (it may have been incorrectly filtered)
  • If you still don't see the email from EA, Click on this link so that you can contact EA directly
  • For the topic, select "Manage my account" followed by "Can't log in"
  • Be sure to provide as much information as possible, including the steps you have taken to try to rectify the situation yourself
Message 5 of 7 (317 Views)

★ Novice
I have tried all the above and getting no response from EA Games. No email or anything. I have logged in again and now have been reduced to the zero level. I have played this game for at least a year and got to level 110+ and have all the emails from Apple ID stating what and when I've paid during my gameplay.

I am becoming annoyed now with being shut out and then ignored by EA Games and the Tapped Out team.
Message 6 of 7 (300 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Do not contact them from your ios device. Use a pc if possible and pick live chat. The link that was provided was for the Simpsons Tapped Out, instead go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ . Now click on Origin as your product. Then for topic, select Manage My Account. Then type in "can't log in" as your issue and click next. Select the live chat option or request a call back.

You can also contact EA using Skype. This can work on an ios device. Download Skype. Then use voice over IP service to UK Skype chat: +44 203 0141818 You can also do the same from a pc. 

(Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Message 7 of 7 (282 Views)