Discount/bulk iTunes cards purchased for use in Simpsons tapped out

by biohazardbjm

Original Post

★★ Novice

Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)

★★ Novice
I purchased about 200 iTunes gift cards at a dramatically reduced rate. I used many of these to purchase donuts in The Simpsons Tapped Out. I had more donuts than I knew what to do with. I easily purchased all of the extras (that I'd ALWAYS purchased in the past even without a discount). I also saved a ton of in game "money", right around a few million. A while later, every time I logged into my profile, I got a message that someone was in, or had been in my account! I thought that maybe someone has hacked my account to maybe steal donuts or other in game items, so I immediately changed my login information. After changing that and logging in, I discovered that ALL of my DONUTS WERE GONE! Also, most of the in game money I'd earned was gone as well. The in game money's no big deal as I could easily earn more, but the THEFT OF THE DONUTS IS INEXCUSABLE!!! I'll never have the money to replace those iTunes cards. The Simpsons Tapped Out is the only game of its kind I've ever spent money on, but I've learned my lesson. No one at Electronic Arts cares, and why would they, they're responsible for hacking into my account and wiping out all of my donuts in the first place. They don't care because what recourse does an end user have anyway? NONE
I'll never purchase ANY in game items from any game, and I'll DEFINITELY NEVER, EVER purchase another EA game as long as I live, they can bank on it. I'm spreading the word of this travesty to places that sell discount iTunes cards, people at electronics trade shows, clubs, anyone I come across, whether inside of or outside of the industry. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Discount/bulk iTunes cards purchased for use in Simpsons tapped out

Hero (Retired)

Have you actually got in touch with EA about this issue; have you contacted them via phone or via http://help.ea.com/contactus?

Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)