Re: Dead email address

by 742evergreenjess

Original Post

Dead email

★ Novice

I’ve been playing Tsto for maybe 10 years. I originally signed up using an old old isp email. I have tried to switch it over the years but it’s dead, I have no way to recover it. Now I’m getting the pin question and I am hosed. Tech support can’t verify I am me. I have no cc attached to the account and have never played another ea game but those didn’t seem to be correct answers. Someone please fix this. [edit: email address removed]

Message 11 of 44 (673 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi graham, I’m not receiving any codes from the EA website or from the tapped out Simpsons game itself. When I have spoken to ea the codes the staff members send do come through. It’s strange 

Message 12 of 44 (655 Views)

@astrong79 - Head to your EA account and tap on Edit for your email and that should get it to send a verify code. You don't have to edit, just use it to check the email address is right - link . . .
https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index

If you don't even get that head to the website for your email provider and sign in, don't rely on an app as they often just check the inbox.

Check the Junk / Spam folder on the website and if you find any EA codes mark them as Not Junk and Trust Sender or something that looks like that. It's also worth adding the email address used to send as a contact and bear in mind some providers automatically treat anyone sending a lot of messages as spam so even after you say they're wanted they could end up in the Junk folder again.

If you find emails in the inbox on the website but you're not getting them check if your app has it's own filter and marked them as spam, and follow the steps to tell it not to.

If you don't even get the account verify code and EA recently helped you change your email there may have been a typing mistake. You'd need to contact Help again and explain this, spelling the email letter by letter if on the phone.
Perhaps look up the Nato Phonetic Alphabet if you need to call, to help prevent mistakes like B sounding like D, P or T !!

Bear in mind like you I'm just a player, but I've been lucky enough to get tapping.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 13 of 44 (642 Views)

★★ Guide
@1-Graham-S You can’t turn on the log in verifications when you’ve got a dead email because the first thing it does when you click on anything is sends a code to your dead email account which obviously can’t access, there is no option to add other email address, phone number of use an App Authenticator. App Authenticator option can only be selected once said dead email account is verified which is literally impossible, unfortunately the only way to get anywhere with this issue is to keep contacting EA until you find a decent advisor
Message 14 of 44 (635 Views)

@742evergreenjess - sadly yeah.
The way I read the article it looked like it was an option, giving a choice to verify when you started but you can't set it up or make any changes that would help solve a dead email without first verifying with the dead email you can't use. Just great !!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 15 of 44 (626 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for responding. I’ve been checking my junk folder but might try logging onto gmail itself rather than the app.

I think they have gotten the spelling correct as the staff have emailed me and it has worked. It’s the automatic codes I’m not receiving. 
happy tapping. Enjoy 

Message 16 of 44 (601 Views)

Lost tapped out

★★★ Newbie

The latest update has a new security feature that sends a code to your email address but I am unable to access the email address I use to set up my account is there anyway to access my save game without the email I previously linked the game to Facebook and I know my password.

Message 17 of 44 (593 Views)

Re: Lost tapped out

@Riq155 - you'll need to contact EA Help, convince them it's your account and get them to change your email - there's a Help Center link at the bottom of the page.
Before you do have a good look at your EA account and answer the security questions based on what they have, or don't have, on file.
If they ask for your address and you never told them before tell them it is not on file rather than where you live for example. Hope you get a good help tech and get it solved

Message 18 of 44 (586 Views)

Simpsons tapped out email

★★★ Newbie

I changed my email years ago. But kept my old one for simpsons tapped out. Now it’s saying I need a code from my old email but I don’t have access to the account anymore. It allowed me to log in once and now it keeps asking for a code from the old email. Is there any possible way I can change the email to my new email with out losing everything? I’ve been playing for years and bought a lot of stuff. But this is the first time it’s asking for a code from my email. 

thanks. 

Message 19 of 44 (540 Views)

Rif.: Simpsons tapped out email

Hero
@thatgirl2389 Contact EA support (find the button with the link at the bottom of the page) and if you prove that it is your account, by answering their questions correctly, they will replace your old address

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 20 of 44 (524 Views)