Customer Loyalty

by adhesif

Original Post

Customer Loyalty

★ Novice
I LOVE this game, but I have a few issues now that I'm at Level 23:
1) what am I supposed to do with all the treats I've collected as a part of the "Treehouse of Horrors" expansion pack? They're essentially useless if you've "purchased" or completed every Quest! Make them redeemable for donuts!
2) why does Grampa continue to repeat the "I Was In The War I Think" Quest over and over?! It's been two weeks of this!
3) why are there items in other friends' Springfields that I can't access, ie: the lemon tree, statue of Jebidiah Springfield, etc? Not fair!
4) why has my star rating gone down all of a sudden?
5) I've spent a lot of $$ to play this game, and I love it, but the donuts are WAY too expensive. There needs to be a customer loyalty reward after you spend $50-$100! Honestly, we're not all made of money!

I honestly enjoy this game and don't regret dropping the extra $$ on gameplay, but everyone has a budget and I can't justify spending $200 on an App! You're burning your fans, Origin. Please consider offering a membership for unlimited donuts or something, because I'd hate to stop playing this game as a result of money. I get that profits are important, but give the committed fans a break, please!
Message 1 of 5 (418 Views)

Re: Customer Loyalty

★ Novice
Forgot to add:
6) for "Treehouse of Horrors", the "purchase" of The Raven didn't give any benefit at all!! Honestly, Origin. Bad form.
7) formerly, buying apple and orange trees increased the % of $$ on all jobs, but now they only warn, "look out for vandals!". Why should I bother to buy more trees with donuts if that's all the feedback I get?
Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

★★★★ Guide

3.  What do you mean access?  You can get these both yourself.    Just click Homer 10 straight times and he'll give you the statue and 10 donuts.  The Lemon Tree is premium and will show up in a Mystery Box.

Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

1) Only EA know what is going to happen with the extra treats you've collect, however, you are not alone in this respect, I think every player is in a surplus situation. Between the 2 towns I got on the go, I've got over 5000 extra, so I don't think there is any hope in hell that EA will convert them to donuts, but if they do I don't think the conversion rate will be 1 to 1!

2) The repeating tasks of Grandpa, Cletus, Snake and Luigi are a pain but I think they aren't so bad since the last update but I've only just got Grandpa in one of my towns so only time will tell if he to keeps prattling on and on and on and on!!! They may have been put in while the level 23 update was being worked on but at least they do earn you extra XP which isn't no bad thing especially as the level XP amounts have risen significantly.

3) You can only get the Lemon Tree via the mystery box so you need to be patient and it might eventually give you one (once the Halloween nonesense is finally over) but mystery boxes are generally considered a bad buy so don't waste donuts as if you play every day you get a mystery box every 5 days. The Jebbadiah statue is as stated, tap Homer ten times and you should get the statue but more importantly 10 free donuts, I done it while Homer was using his MyPad task.

4) Everyone's star rating dropped, this is because more content has been added and you now need to get it, I presume your star rating will go back up once the new buildings are obtained.

5) The cost of donuts is highly contentious. It is generally accepted that in comparison to say a PS3 game they are far too expensive, however, unfortunately you are in some respects to blame. You paid the price EA were asking so as far as EA are concerned, why change if people are prepared to buy them at the price we are currently asking? The only way is to stop buying donuts and hopefully as the game gets older and starts to dop down the ratings EA might do something then, a bit like when games go platinum on the PS platform but I ain't holding my breath.

Message 4 of 5 (394 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks to all for the fast and in depth responses! I had no idea that tapping Homer ten times would unlock the statue. Thanks for the great tip!
Regarding the other points, I appreciate the feedback and I realize that it was a bit of a rant, which is probably futile. However, I sincerely hope that EA Games does something about the Halloween treats that make them useful for future game play.
Thanks again for the insight!
Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)